Join the Madness

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Question of the Day

Here's the situation:  You've taken a bite of something

a sandwich
mashed potatoes
a cookie
salad
or whatever


and you notice a hair.  

What do you do?


Will any of these factors change your answer?


  • It's clearly your own hair
  • It's clearly NOT your hair
  • You're eating at home / you prepared whatever you're eating
  • You're eating at a restaurant / someone else cooked for you



Generally speaking, I'll remove the hair and continue eating. 


I suppose if I got the item from someone with questionable hygiene, I might have to suddenly declare myself "stuffed" and unable to eat another bite.  Of course, chances are slim that I'd accept food from someone like that in the first place so....yeah.


How about you?

7 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Depends on the type of hair. I once pulled a thick curly one out of my mouth in a restaurant. Makes me gag thinking about it ... ACK!

Jolene Perry said...

I seriously would do the same as you - UNLESS I was in a restaurant, then . . . I don't know.
I'm more picky about germs than I used to be...

mshatch said...

I'd probably do what you did too. At home, well, we're all related her anyway so...but out? I agree with Jessica: ack!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

At home, I remove. Eating out, the food goes back.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

at home, i don't really care.

but

outside of the home... i will not make a scene, but i will not continue eating.

and at work...
ohmygoodness!
once at work (hospital cafeteria) i was dishing up mandarin oranges from a big #10 can and halfway through i encountered this hair. i kept pulling and pulling and pulling it out. it was seriously loooong and black and kinda curly.
i tossed out the entire can, everything i'd already dished up, and freaked out for a bit.
BLECH!!!!
we wear hairnets, aprons, and gloves and wash our hands a billion times a day and soap down and sanitize everything. and finding a hair in that environment was like-- SHOCK!!!
*shivers*

shelly said...

Since my day job is a hairdresser and am used to getting hair between my teeth, I'd pick it out and continue eating.

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! for me im with mr alex. at our house id just pick it out of my food and keep eating. if were out somewhere id ask for a new plate of food. mostly i dont like finding a hair in my food. ack!
...hugs from lenny