Join the Madness

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And the Winner Is....

Ahhhh, it's good to be back.  Still trying to figure out what my posting schedule is gonna be.  Do I go back to daily or MWF or what?  I think I'm going to stick with the flexibility of whenever-the-heck-I-feel-like it. 


First, a confession.

I wrote this post a week ago.  I made a list of all the entrants and had one of the offspring pick a number. 

But....

Then I decided y'all should have more time to enter since I'm nice like that.  But, of course, that meant I had to redraw a name because what's the point of accepting new entries if I didn't give the newbies a chance to actually win.  Right?

So the winner according to Random.org is:


But before I tell you who was in the #10 slot, let me offer ya'll a slice of birthday cake.  Is this gorgeous or what?  




I got the idea from HERE which actually just redirects to THIS post.  My pictures aren't quite as vibrant as theirs because I used my cell phone and there's a dead light bulb in the kitchen.  Anyhow...



There's real beauty in random.org picking #10:
(a) Ten is my favorite number 
(b) It's also the date of the drawing 10-10 
(c) You get the same name whether you tart at the top or bottom of the list


So...lucky # 10 is MARY from GIGGLES & GUNS.  

Congrats, Mary!  I'll be in touch about shipping out that mystery prize!










11 comments:

Bish Denham said...

What a fabulous cake! Congratulations Mary.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

oh WOW! that's an awesome cake! and the random 10 was soooo cool!
congrats mary!
and WELCOME BACK LADY!

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

oh and happy birthday, btw!

Angela Ackerman said...

Oh that cake looks awesome! Will check the recipe out. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats Mary!

And wow. That cake is amazing. I'm impressed!

And how have I not been over here in so long? I've missed you!

Carolyn V said...

Congrats Mary!

Mmmm, now I'm craving cake. It looks so good. ;)

Copyboy said...

Congrats Mary!!!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That will just make Mary's day! And how on earth do you layer a cake like that???

Shannon said...

I love the, "whenever-the-heck-I-feel-like it" approach. :) And that cake is very pretty. I need to bake a birthday this weekend and might try something similar. Might.

Heidi Willis said...

That is a gorgeous cake!

GigglesandGuns said...

WooHoo!!! It took me a week to realize this. Working like a real person threw me so far behind.
Now I find I caught up on a weeks worth of laughs and I won. Life doesn't get any better.

Thanks, Vicki :o]