Join the Madness

Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's Celebrate -- CONTEST!

I'm still unplugged, but I'm breaking radio silence because....


One year ago today, the fabulous Jen at Unedited hosted the Guess the Character Blogfest where I wrote about Murphy for the first time.  

Ahhh, how the time flies. One minute they're nothing but the tiniest spark of an idea and the next thing you know, they're interrupting you and taking over your world. 


I'm so proud of Murphy.  It's not everyday you get a chance to raise a demigod, and he can be quite a handful, lemme tell ya.


Since today is his birthday, it seems like we ought to celebrate somehow, eh?  And because I am unplugged and don't want to have to add up points or verify followership, let's make this SUPER easy.  

To enter, let me know when your birthday is in the comments below.  We'll keep this open until -- well, until I close it.

I will pick a winner at random and send something.  Vague, I know. How about if I guaranty the prize will have a minimum value of $20?  Better?

Maybe it'll be a gift certificate. 
Maybe it'll be a box of chocolate,
Maybe a bag full of pens and Post-Its.  

Or maybe it'll be a gift certificate good for chocolate covered Post Its.... (You never really know around here)


ANYHOW....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MURPHY!


Enter now...when is your birthday?

18 comments:

Bish Denham said...

YEAH! I'll play. My birthday is June 28th.

Lori M. Lee said...

How sweet! personally, I'm hoping for the chocolates =P

My birthday is Feb 12!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Vicki! Good to hear from you. I'll be difficult and just say December. And forget the year!

Jules said...

I'm with Alex, let's just say October. Glad to see you broke your silence, Happy B'Day Murphy and OOH I want the post-it notes. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Lenny Lee* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURPHY! wow! its cool youre doing a contest to honor murphys birthday. i love birthdays. for sure im entering and my birthday is october 20. pretty soon ill be doing a countdown. :) i hope your doing good on your time off blogging. i miss your fun posts lots.
...hugs from lenny

aspiring_x said...

HAPPY BDAY MURPHY!!!!
next time i go, i'll flush twice in honor of you!

my bday is july 26, 1982. how about you miss v?

Creepy Query Girl said...

I remember Murphy! I payed special close attention because I think your premise about the porcelain gods is epic and hope to read it someday! Happy birthday Murphy! my birthday is July 1st:)

LTM said...

Yay, Murphy!!! and now I'm thinking that must be after "Miss Murphy"--?

So you already know my toilet's b'day... LOL! Mine's 6/24, just a mere months before~

miss you! <3

Saumya said...

Yayy!! Happy Birthday!! December girl ova here.

GigglesandGuns said...

Happy Birthday, Murphy!

Miss ya, Vicki.

May 7

M Beth Vaughn

Carolyn V said...

I remember Murphy too! Happy b-day Murphy! Whoop.
My b-day is in December.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Happy belated birthday, Murphy!

My birthday is April 20, which is not a very good birthday, because I share it with Hitler and National Smoke Pot Day and the Columbine Massacre. Lame, huh? I think I deserve a prize to cheer me up. :)

Amy

Ed Pilolla said...

happy belated birthday to murphy, and happy early birthday to you. mine is march 15, 1972.
hope you are having a good break:)

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great contest!! :)
April 7th, btw. :) And happy late birthday to Murphy!

Faith E. Hough said...

Mmm...chocolate post-its. Great for destroying secret messages!
May 31

BECKY said...

Hey Vicki! SO happy to know you'll be back soon! My birthday is January 6th. (I don't have to disclose the YEAR, do I?!...she said sweating profusely..)

Diane J. said...

Schnikes, I'm late commenting. Ooohhhh, pens and post-its! Sorry, I'm a paper junkie.

March 15th - yep, I'm an Ides of March baby.

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Sorry I missed Murphy's birthday celebration - but then again, he didn't send ME a card, either.

April 22.