Join the Madness

Saturday, July 30, 2011

UNCLE!



That's right, I just cried UNCLE.  I'm throwing in the towel, admitting temporary defeat and unplugging for the next little bit.



I've told countless people to do what they can and not to worry about the rest. Good advice, huh? That's kinda what I've been doing this year.  I post, but my commenting has been extremely limited.  I even struggle answering email.  It's pretty pathetic, actually.


The guilt is always there.


I should do more
I should try harder
I should make it a priority
I should....


But the fact is, it kinda kills me to do this blogging thing half-assed.  

So I'm going on hiatus.  
Going to try and completely unplug for a while.
Going to finish my first draft -- I'm THIS close.
Going to try and get a little more exercise than I have been.


And I'm going to miss everyone.  


It's not forever, just for now.


Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!

16 comments:

shelly said...

I completely understand. That's why I gave up blogging everyday of the week. It's totally impossible. So now that I blog two days only, I'm free enough to read other bloggers.

Also, a haitus will give you a new perspective as to how you want to approach your blogging time.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Good luck with that first draft, and make it into a finished book - SOON!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Vicki, we'll miss you - hope you finish it soon.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Totally understand - everyone needs one of these breaks every once and awhile. :)

Emy Shin said...

I can really understand that. Good luck with your first draft!

GigglesandGuns said...

Gonna miss my dose of laughs but I'll be here when you get back. Do what makes feel the best.
Luv ya!

Creepy Query Girl said...

you'll be missed but I totally understand! Enjoy the time off!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! yikes! now where am i gonna go get me a laugh? for sure im gonna be right here when you get all done writing your book. taking a break so you could get stuff done is a real ok thing to do.
...hugs from lenny

Jules said...

Coming from someone who just got back... I will must you and I just got caught up with your witty posts too.

Do what you need and I wish you the best in finishing. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Carolyn V said...

I totally understand. I just got back from my break. I'm hoping to keep it up, but it's hard when I'm trying to keep my kids entertained. Have a great last half of summer Vicki! =)

FishHawk said...

"Rambles & Randomness" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/08/sites-to-see.html

P.S.: I also hope this helps to encourage you to hurry back.

Susanne Drazic said...

TOTALLY understand! You have to do what is right for you. Best wishes with finishing up your first draft. You can do it! See you when you return to blogging.

Bish Denham said...

You go girl. I've done it more than once. You can do it too. It's healthy. It's needed. Be at peace and don't be concerned about us.

Shannon said...

Right on, sista! I'm right there with you. Give me a call so we can set writing goals.

ed pilolla said...

hope you are having a great summer. i know the value of unplugging, for sure. recharging is part of the natural cycle of things, i reckon.

BECKY said...

Good for you! I took a small Blog-a-Vacation, myself! You and I are so much alike...the guilt, not doing things half-assed, etc.