Join the Madness

Friday, July 22, 2011

Teachers

All this looking back I've done this week, first with the Cookie Monster invites and then with the broken crayon, made me curious.  How many of your teachers do you remember?  I can list them up through 6th grade.  After that, we had a different teacher for every class so it gets blurry.

K- Mrs. Bowers
1- Mrs. Powers
2- Mrs. Blaney
3- Ms. Wyrick
4- Ms. Gennin
5- Mrs. Johnson
6- Mrs. Landsness

I don't know if I had a blow-em-all-out-of-the-water favorite, but I liked them all in their own way. 

Mrs. Bowers was pregnant,
Mrs. Powers wanted me to skip a grade,
Mrs. Blaney -- well you know, the crayon thing.
Ms. Wyrick insisted we eat healthy and wouldn't let us have cake/cookies/candy for class parties AT ALL
Ms. Gennin had a daughter named Bambi
Mrs. Johnson was about to retire and had a great smile
Mrs. Landsness was tough, but she had a traffic light in the room she used to signal when we could get up and when we had to stay in our seats.

What teachers do you remember?




7 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Wow! I can remember, maybe, two teachers names from elementary school, a few from middle school, and none from high school. I tend to block out things from the past to make room for new usless knowledge. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't think I could remember any of them.
And your teacher named her daughter Bambi?

Matthew MacNish said...

I can't remember any before Middle School. Wow. That's strange.

Talli Roland said...

I remember all of them! They all impacted on me, good and bad... but mostly good!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! wow! for sure you got the best memory. mostly i only remember just my last two and one the one thats teaching me now. yikes! i gotta get me a new memory card. ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

BECKY said...

Hi Vicki! Sorry I haven't been by in so long. I was on vacation for almost a week...and before that...who knows what I was doing! I love this post....velllly interesting!
K - Didn't have at my school.
1st - Sister ?(Don't remember!)
2nd - Miss Mary Ann (loved her)
3rd - ??
4th - I went to three different schools...in three diffferent states. Don't remember any names...at the moment, but can envision the third one.
5th - Sister ?
6th - Sister ?
7th - etc....etc...
You get the picture!!

Susanne Drazic said...

I don't remember too many of my teachers names. Feels like school was a lifetime ago.