Join the Madness

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm in mourning.  

(sniffle sniffle)

Back in March I snagged a bookmark from my local library with their summer author series.  I went to several author events last year and really enjoyed them.


I saw the line up for this year and one name popped immediately.


I stuck the bookmark on my bulletin board in the office-under-the-stairs so I wouldn't forget.


But guess what?


I got the dates mixed up.  

(okay, I forgot)

I hadn't been in my office for awhile, I've been typing on the couch upstairs to keep an eye on the kidlings - a habit I got back into while Court was in France - and tonight was the first time in many weeks I've been back in my hideaway.


It's 8:30 p.m. Tuesday as I write this.  

And 2 minutes ago I discovered that Meg Cabot's talk was tonight at 7.


And I missed it.


Even my girls wanted to go with me!


And I missed it.


'scuse me while I go wallow in self-pity.


Because (wail) I missed it.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, that would be SO frustrating! I'm so sorry. I do stuff like this relatively often (maybe I shouldn't admit that), so I know it's really hard if it's something you really want to do.

GigglesandGuns said...

I entered an event on my PDA. A few hours before hand it went off to remind me and I was so happy. Unfortunately, in the next few hours I forgot both the event and the reminder.
Sorry you missed this.

Susanne Drazic said...

Sorry you missed meeting Meg Cabot. Maybe she will make another visit that you will be able to attend.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Oh, crap! I would be heartsick, too! I commiserate with you ....

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sorry!!!

Shannon said...

Aww...I hate it when I do stuff like that. Sorry, suga!