Join the Madness

Friday, July 1, 2011

I Learned Something!

Isn't it funny how you have to research even the most flippant remark our characters make?


One of mine made an observation about scotch and after I typed it, I figured I'd better look it up because I'm not much of a drinker and I certainly don't know anything about scotch. 


Margaritas? Yes.  Scotch? Not so much.


I landed on THIS page (thank you Google Gods!)


I learned the age of scotch is NOT the time that passes between creation and your glass.  Ohhhh, no.  It's measured by the length of time it matured in the cask before being bottled.  So if you buy a 10 year old scotch today and put it in your pantry for 30 years, it will still be a 10 year old scotch.


Who knew? 

8 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

I certainly didn't, but now I do. I love learning.

salarsenッ said...

Very, very interesting. It's amazing what we learn while doing research. :)

GigglesandGuns said...

Now we've all learned two something.
How scotch is aged and you do research.
My Friday is complete and it's not quite 9 am.
Can I go play now, huh?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, now you know! And I wouldn't have a clue either.

Theresa Milstein said...

I had no idea! That's why it's painful when researched scenes don't make the final cut.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Huh, go figure. That's really interesting. :)

Clarissa Draper said...

I love research for that reason! I feel so much smarter.

Susanne Drazic said...

I never knew. How interesting. Something that doesn't get older after it is bottled.