Join the Madness

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Even More Cody Quotes

Cody was very interested as I assembled the new rabbit cage.  He announced later:
C: The cage is also good for chinchillas
Me: Yes it is.  But we're getting a  bunny.
C: What if we had chickens?
Me: I don't think we would keep chickens in the house.
C: Why?
Me: Because they're kinda messy and they make a lot of noise.
C: *in a conspiratorial whisper out the corner of his mouth* plus, they lay eggs.


**********************


C-Man has a future as a spy...or perhaps a poet, he ran around the house the other day saying:

the golden bird tweets at night


**********************

C: *pats my belly hopefully* Baby?
Me: No I'm not having a baby.
C: Baby.
Me: Nope, I'm done having babies.
C: Baby!
Me: *louder* I AM NOT HAVING ANY MORE BABIES
C: Puppy?
Me: *laughing* No. I'm not having any puppies either


**********************

While talking about planets, Cody says:
C: But Pluto is gone
Me: That’s right. Pluto isn’t a planet anymore.  It’s a… (*try to remember what it got demoted to)
C: a dog.


**********************

When Cody says something funny/amazing, I’ve been texting it straight to blogger and then I compile his quotes into one post like this.  Unfortunately my text got cut off so all we have is this snippet (if you’re like me, you’ll be dying to know where he went with this).  Coders sometimes has issues with (ahem) being a boy.  I don’t know how we got into this conversation or where he went from here:

Me: What if it falls off?
C: Then you’d be a girl.  Then with S-U-R-G-E-R-Y and remodeling…

????(wanna finish the thought for him?)


**********************


Cody is a sponge for knowledge.  Unfortunately for him, the rest of us are not.  He recently asked me to write down Australia's movie rating system on his MagnaDoodle.  When I told him I didn't know what Australia's rating system was he got very upset and said:

C: We are soooo throwing this thing away!


**********************


An original song:

You gotta brush brush brush your teeth
to keep them nice 'n white
merrily merrily merrily merrily
then you find your shoes


**********************


Cody's been watching a lot of music on cable TV.  The Black Eyed Peas come on and are singing:

"I want to rock right now"

Only Cody sings "I want a box of no"  ...but he's spot on for the beat and inflection!


**********************



Cody had been playing on the computer.  Out of nowhere, he runs across the room, throws himself into my arms with a big bear hug and says

"You are my world"

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I love that boy.


**********************

 Cody loves order.  He spent an hour at the mall once, reading the directory sign.  One night I came home from work to find signs all over the house with directions on how to get to other rooms.  I went to the bathroom and this was taped to the floor:




We went to the store this weekend, and Coders talked non-stop and found a dozen different ways to bug his sister.  It's really hard to chastise him since a couple years ago he didn't talk at ALL.  Instead, we try to distract him. Sister says, "Cody, let's race to the car."  She had no intention of racing, it was too hot.  But Cody couldn't see the car (straight ahead 7 or 8 vehicles) so he starts yelling....

"It got JACKED!"


7 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Loved it all!

GigglesandGuns said...

Loved the post!
Great idea about texting to blogger.

Bish Denham said...

Always enjoy the Codyisms.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Soooooooooo cute!! And hilarious, what a character!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Pluto is now a dog - smart kid!

Jules said...

He sure has me laughing. How do you manage to keep a straight face around him? :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

LTM said...

omg--LOL!!! My kids would want me to have a kitten. I think I have had a kitten before, but only in the figurative sense... :D And I'm so snorting about the surgery and remodeling... :D Cody makes me laugh. <3