Join the Madness

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pet Peeves II - And They Say It Don't Stink

Another installment from my growing list of pet peeves.  Last week it was all about the colon (the punctuation not the intestine).  This week, we're gonna talk about men and their bathroom habits.


Don't worry, this is all very PG.


Now I'm sure men do all sorts of odd (and or disgusting) things in the bathroom worthy of being on my pet peeve list, but I'm not going to go there.  No, my pet peeve is much simpler than that.  Mine affects every man I've ever known.


Granted, I don't have intimate knowledge of every man's bathroom habits.  There are my brothers and husband of course, and a handful of male coworkers over the years...and they are all guilty of the same thing.


Over-spraying the room deodorizer after they finish their business. I'm serious.  Every man I've ever known sprays it like this: 

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


While I'm more like pssshhh


The problem is the overwhelming floral/fruity smell that hits 30 seconds after they vacate the area. It's enough to gag me. 

Maybe it's an occupational hazard.  My desk is almost always in the reception area where the bathrooms are located.  So while they are safely back in their cubicle, I'm struggling to breathe.


It's no better at home.  My husband is also spray happy which confuses me because he's been telling me for years that his you-know-what doesn't stink.  If that were true, why would he need to use air freshener at all?


So I'd like to encourage all the men out there to restrain themselves with the air freshener.  Even if your stuff does smell, over-doing the deodorizer isn't a source of pride.  When's the last time you said, "Well, it takes a ten second spray to cover up my stench"???


Take it easy, y'all.  Please.

7 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

Funny! And it's so true, my husband does it all the time. Gag!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Lol, I guess I haven't noticed this. :) I did have a roommate who did that once, though. It was unpleasant.

Jules said...

ROFL, I so remember this when working. Someone once asked me why I was crying and I had to respond, the air freshener got me. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Promise I don't spray air freshener like that!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

I feel your pain.

I choke on a regular basis.

Maybe I need to evacuate the building when they're ready to evacuate.

Shannon said...

lol Vicki! :)

Nicole MacDonald said...

*lol* have you seen the Lynx adverts? The ones where the guy sprays himself and the girls fall over left, right and center due to his sudden attractiveness? My friends and I have a theory that they've actually all dropped dead thanks to being gassed ;p