Join the Madness

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pet Peeves - I Know! I Know!

If you've ever attended a meeting, I'm pretty sure you'll have experienced this week's pet peeve first hand.




Every office has one.  That annoying person who prolongs meetings unnecessarily because he or she has questions.  Lots of them.

That's not what drives me up the wall, though.


What I can't stand is when people ask questions they already know the answer to.  

I'm not talking about someone clarifying an issue to make sure they understand and are on the same page the other party.  No.  I'm perfectly okay with that.

I just don't understand why anyone feels the need to ask questions for the sake of asking.


I don't know if they do it to make themselves look important or because they feel like they have to say something and they can't think of anything original, but it's annoying when you have a desk full of work that needs to get done and Mr. (or Ms., let's be fair) Know-It-All just won't shut up.


You could try duct tape, but that could be construed as assault in some states.  So my recommendation is to download a BS Bingo card (find yours HERE) so you can entertain yourself while the meeting goes on and on and on.




Just remember, if you get a bingo to yell "Bull$hit" nice and loud!  
Your coworkers will appreciate the distraction.


10 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

How 'bout:
Stakeholders
Synergy
Bottom line
Follow up
Down side
Downtime

BULLSHIT!

Jessica Bell said...

hahhaaha! Love it! I used to get stuck in meetings like this back when I was an in-house editor. ugh. I totally zoned out. Then I'd get asked a question and feel like I was back in high school.

cherie said...

Oh this is too funny! Love it ;)

*I'm extra glad now that I don't have to work in an office*

Creepy Query Girl said...

The whole asking questions just to ask would but me too- or the questions about stupid details nobody cares about, never played BULLSHIT BINGO! LOL

Clarissa Draper said...

Oh, I know a few of those and they drive me crazy! Now I want to play bingo.

GigglesandGuns said...

Were we at the same meting yesterday? I hope no one needs me to say they were there because I was so-o-o ZONED. Know what I mean? I really don't remember seeing you....

Julie Musil said...

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!!! Meetings are boring enough without that. Ack! The BS bingo is hilarious.

Ed Pilolla said...

yes, and it's usually at the end of the meeting, as if the person has held out and while the person held out the answer to the question was given at some point so it is, as you say, a waste of time. bullshit bingo, huh? i don't have a fancy phone, but seems to me there ought to be an app for that:)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I so need to do that at our office! Especially after today.

Jules said...

LOL, I was in one of those meetings last Friday. I just got up and starting collecting the free coffee cups. Cut that meeting short. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow