Join the Madness

Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Cody Quotes

Today is Coder's 8th birthday and what better way to celebrate than to share the latest batch of Cody Quotes?  Enjoy!


After being given a biscuit at breakfast, Cody shouted:

I'm not moist!
(yeah, I don't know either)


When asked if he wanted to do go karts with the rest of the group he declared:
I'm not doing them. I've got neck pain.


We had a garage sale a few weeks ago, and didn't have much luck with traffic.  When the first car finally pulled up in front of the house, Cody went to the end of the driveway and said:
Welcome to our sale.  Do you need anything?



One morning, he was running around without a shirt and I noticed something blue on his back. Our conversation went like this:

Me: Cody what's on your back? 
C: (matter of factly) toothpaste.
Me: How did you get toothpaste on your back? 
C: I brushed my teeth and it got on my hand so i went like this (swings right arm behind back up to his left shoulder blade)



Here's another one I'm not quite sure how to contextualize:
TV terrorists put on a scary logo and voodoo music.
(Cody has since informed me that this is the THX logo at the beginning of movies.  He really, really, REALLY does not like THX.  He will run out of the room)


When he was having a rough time at school:
Education ruined my life.  It's my punishment.


We did the Autism Awareness walk back in April.  His school put together a team and we were to meet at the East end of the mall.  Cody insisted we had to meet in front of the department store on the completely opposite side of the mall saying:
I have a little shopping to do.
--and--
I had to shake things up a bit


We passed a laundromat with a sign reading "Coin Laundry". Cody asked:
Is that where you wash and dry your coins?

Cody's first attempt at a poem:
Its seven 
the sun is up 
the birds are singing 
and the moon has traveled to the other side 

One more gem from my daughter, then the grand finale from Coders.
We pulled up to her piano teacher's house. 
Me: Oh! What beautiful flowers!
Her: Old people garden a lot.
Me: Hey! I'm going to be old...
Her: And you'll have a lovely garden


And finally, I don't know for sure what he's talking about, but it's hysterical:
That's it! I'm buying a new one!  One that doesn't rub, never wears out, and has a good pencil hanging system! 
(Cody loves reading his quotes on the blog and he has told me this is referring to a Magna Doodle.  Makes sense now.)

Happy Birthday, Coders!

10 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Great quotes!

I think the last one refers to a shirt with a pocket - isn't that where you hang your pencils?

And once said perfect shirt is found (the kind where the tag doesn't rub), you'd certainly like it to not wear out!

Makes sense to me - or maybe I hang out with The Boy too much.

Mason Canyon said...

These are great. I especially like how the toothpaste got on his back. Happy Birthday Cody. Wishing you fun and happiness.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Freelance Editing By Mason

Miranda Hardy said...

I have Cody quotes, too. Lol my Cody is 11 now, but I wrote down things he's said that just made me laugh. Happy Birthday to your Cody!

Matthew MacNish said...

OMG. "I had to shake things up a bit?" That is awesome.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Your kids are made of awesome!! My roommate's still asleep, so I was trying not to burst out laughing, but really. Wow. :D
(And his unique way of saying things could make him an excellent poet - he's got a head start on it. Boy, he sounds mature for his age. When I was that old I was still blabbering about barbies! :D)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday to Cody! And he's eight - of course toothpaste on his back makes sense.

Melissa Sarno said...

Ha, I'm laughing so hard at these. Happy Birthday Cody!

GigglesandGuns said...

Hey, I thought the poem was very good.
You left yourself wide open for the garden bit. :)
I think I'd be afraid to question Cody's last quote.
OOPs!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CODY!!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Happy Birthday, Cody!

Susanne Drazic said...

Happy Birthday, Cody!