Join the Madness

Monday, June 20, 2011

Mock Me Monday - Handling Money

I wonder sometimes if posting my Mockable Moments will hurt my credibility somewhere down the line.  Supposing I go for a job interview someday (note to current boss, No, I'm not looking.  This is a hypothetical question), and my potential new employer Googles my name...

What will I look like to a complete stranger who is reading the Mock Me Moments out of context?  Will Potential Boss laugh or think I'm incompetent and move on?  

And what about the whole Niedermaier thing?  Do I look like a total stalker?  Hmmmm...these are the questions that will keep a girl up at night so she's not getting enough rest so crazy things happen to keep Mock Me Monday living on.  For example....

I'm pretty careful with my money. I always know how much I have and the first thing I do when shopping (except for the grocery store, but that's another story) is look at the price tag.  

Ask my kids -- I'm pretty darn tight with the purse strings.

I should add here that in addition to my weird dreams about Zac Efron flying and killing sharks and a friendly single father inviting me to fly to Morrocco for the weekend, I also occasionally dream about money.

Like: I'm walking along minding my own business and find $100 on the sidewalk...in fives and tens.  Or I'm going shopping and I open up my purse and there's all this money in there that wasn't there before.  

I also occasionally dream I'm at a store with UNBELIEVABLE sales - like brand name jeans for a $1 - and everything is gorgeous and fits perfectly and I can get a whole new wardrobe for $40, but I get to the register and I have no cash or debit card. :(

These are just dreams, though, and these kind of things don't really happen. (And you thought I'd lost touch with reality...)

So last Friday morning I'm getting ready for work and for some reason I open my top dresser drawer.  This is a fairly shallow drawer, not really good for anything except the odd junk I toss in there because I have nowhere else to put it.  I've got a deck of cards, overflow jewelry that won't fit in my jewelry box, straps from adjustable bras that I may or may not own anymore, a bag of potpourri (ahem, I think I'm supposed to call it a sachet when it's in a dresser).  Anyway, lots of miscellaneous crap and I rarely open the drawer except to shove something new in there.

But open it I did, and imagine my surprise, then, when I find $75 sitting in there looking back up at me like a lost puppy.

I call hubbers and asked him if he'd been hiding money in there.  I know he's done that in HIS dresser  -- setting aside $5 or $10 a week to save up for a golf pass or concert ticket or whatever.  But he denied having anything to do with it. 

Best I can figure is that I meant to deposit it into my account but for whatever reason didn't/couldn't get to the bank and forgot all about it. 

It really disturbs me that I can (a) misplace $75 and (b) not miss it and (c) not remember anything about it.  Oh, and (d) that I inadvertently let hubby know I'm in possession of 75 extra dollars...




13 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

Oh no!! Now you have to share it ;p I remember Glenn doing something like that once, he had a habit of putting $20.00 notes in books.. makes reading a profitable pastime

Sarah said...

What a nice surprise! I find it so interesting how people dream. I'm not sure I've ever in my life dreamed about money, but your dreams have such theme and coherence!

GigglesandGuns said...

he only money dreams I have are nightmares where it's flying out the window :(

Maybe Hubby will forget it the way you did? LOL

Creepy Query Girl said...

LOL- I love finding money I'd forgotten about. Cool beans!

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Vicki, this made me smile.
Karen

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I LOVE finding money I don't remember losing. :) It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Lindsay said...

LOL. I hope he doesn't expect a consultant fee for you asking him about it. :)

I had a weird dream about finding money in my purse. I even checked when i woke up, but nothing. ;P

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You doomed yourself with that last bit! Now he knows.

Jolene Perry said...

Seriously, you should know not to tell the husband:)

Stephen Tremp said...

Maybe an angel left it there for you.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

What a great surprise! I hope you did something fun with it. :)

We live on a budget too. I get so much cash each week. If there is any left over I stick it somewhere. To my surprise and my brilliant husband's surprise I had over $800 saved for our anniversary trip. Those ones, fives and tens add up fast. :)

Susanne Drazic said...

I like finding forgotten money. Mine is usually only an ocassional $1 or $5 bill, but nice just the same.

Janet Johnson said...

I sure wouldn't mind finding an extra $75 dollars lying around. :)