Join the Madness

Monday, June 27, 2011

Lovin the Language Blogfest

The ever charming and delightful Jolene of Been Writing is hosting her first blogfest today, and I hopped on board.  The rules are simple, just post 5 lines from your WIP or a book you love.  

I scrolled through my WIP, despairing of finding anything I liked well enough to share.  It is the first draft, after all.

I figured I'd be invoking Mock Me Monday big time with my entry.

But then I found this passage I totally forgot about and really like and it happens to be 5 lines. Kismet!  Oh...and there's no vomiting involved!  
(C'mon with a title like Porcelain God, you know there's gotta be some hurling).  

So without further ado, I give you Murphy: 

*******************

Oh, dear God, I'm a human. How could Mom do this to me, her only son? And before you say it was good enough for Jesus, let me point out that I am most assuredly not Jesus. First of all, he is the Son of God. The God. I can't even begin to tell you how much he outranks me.

*******************

Thanks for a fun blogfest, Jolene!  I'm looking forward to reading the other entries! For a list of other participants, go HERE

28 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!

Nice job :D

THANKS FOR JOINING IN!!

Jo Bryant said...

What a great piece of writing - so unexpected and so good. LOL

Angeline said...

Brilliant - such a strong sense of character!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Ha! LOVE this! :D

M.J. Fifield said...

Very nice passage. Thanks for sharing!

Kelley Vitollo said...

LOL. The outranks part is great. Good job.

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Nice. It's an excellent moment when you come across something great you forgot you wrote.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like your selection - made me laugh!

Shannon said...

Hurray!! Love your story!

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

I want to read more! This is a great hook!

The Write Soil

GigglesandGuns said...

Great lines. Can't wait for the rest. You are some "Erma."

Lucy Adams said...

This is the right way to get a giggle out of me. How many times have we blamed our parents for what's wrong with us? The overstatement of that tendency in your passage is fantastic.

Lucy

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Goodness gracious, that made me laugh. :) I loved the voice that came across in just three lines - terrific!

Kate Larkindale said...

That made me laugh! And things that make me laugh are GOOD!

Shallee said...

Ba ha ha! I want to read this already and I don't even know what it's about! Thanks for sharing. :)

Summer Ross said...

Very humorous lines! I enjoyed the read. Thank you for sharing!

T.D. McFrost said...

Impressive!

I am beyond elated by this piece. It foreshadows what is yet to come.
AMAZING! :D

Trisha said...

Hehe, I like the humour in your piece :) Good job!

Jen said...

Haha!! This is a fantastic excerpt.

Sarah Nicolas said...

It sounds like he has a really great voice! I also pulled lines from a first draft; nerve-wracking!

Brent Wescott said...

What an interesting character. Thanks.

It Just Got Interesting

Ruth Josse said...

I'm glad you found these lines! Worth it:) Great voice!

Brianna said...

Lovin' the humor! A wonderful excerpt to hook readers!

Shanona Ryder said...

That last line is hilarious! ;o)
Great job!

Sarah Allen said...

Ah! So want to keep reading :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Krispy said...

LOL, this was funny! The voice was spot on. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

What did Mom do to her outranked child?! I agree with Ruth and Krispy, excellent voice.

ali said...

OMGosh! I *love* this!!!