Join the Madness

Friday, June 3, 2011

ARGH

Watching the Spelling Bee and I'm torn between complete awe at these kids' spelling abilities and laughing at the hosts' attempts at building suspense and tension. It's quite the emotional roller coaster, I tell ya!


Does anyone know if the kids are given a list of words to study from or are the words all surprises?  I'd also like to know how many hours a day these kids study.  I've not spelled a single word right all night!

Things have been hectic around here lately which is why you haven't seen me surfacing around your blog for way too long.  Really sorry about that.  

No, make that REALLY REALLY sorry.  

Y'all deserve better. 

Y'all deserve more attention

More LURVE


It's sooooo not you, it's me.  


I'm not breaking up or anything. I'll get back out there eventually, although at this point I'd settle for catching up on email.

Going HERE this weekend, so there go the next two days...
Daughter leaves for France on Monday, so there goes the next 3 weeks...
(she's my primary babysitter y'see...)
There's a trip to Chicagoland coming up too
(noooo, not stalking Niedermaier we're going to see family)


Your plans for the weekend? 







8 comments:

Emily White said...

My weekend is going to be completely uneventful, which is nice because last weekend was hectic and next weekend the hubby and I will be in Georgia from my BIL's wedding. Actually, we'll be gone for most of the week, so you're not the only one who's going to be MIA!!

But don't worry about missing a few days or even a few weeks. It happens and we'll still be here!

Jules said...

I don't know about the study list but I sure felt less-than watching it. :) And my plans for the weekend...figuring out where all the change came from in a sofa no one sits on. :)

Have a great water filled weekend! :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I watched some of it and was checking the words - most weren't even in the dictionary! I heard a sportscaster call those kids twitching little freaks once, and that always comes to mind when I see a spelling bee. Yeah, wrong I know!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I pondered the same spelling bee question myself (obviously I was bored!).

I just know I could never to it. My spelling sucks!!! ;)

Kristi said...

Oooohhhh...that water park looks like fun!!! You're a busy lady!

Can't wait to hear about all the rest of your trips this summer.

As for me, we're going to my brother-in-laws for his annual Wiffle-Ball Tournament this weekend, which generally involves some sort of photo of my sport inability to circle around the family email right afterwards! But it's all in good fun, so I'm up for the challenge, maybe this year will be different (fingers crossed)!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Well, THAT looks fun! (And wet) LOL

Enjoy your weekend. I have a wedding shower to go to, but that's it.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

When I was teaching (5 years ago) we gave the students a booklet with all the possible spelling words for all grades...I don't know if they still do that or not.

Melissa Sarno said...

Have you ever seen the documentary spellbound? It follows 8 kids on the road to the national spelling bee. Totally fascinating! It's one of my favorites :-)