Join the Madness

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Three Bears

Just having a wee bit of fun with the story of the Three Bears.  We have inadvertently added "bear" to the end of each of our kids' names and there are plenty of days (weeks even) that go just like this:

***************************

Once upon a time three golden-locked bears lived in a cozy little house in the middle of suburbia.  One day, Mama Bear went into the bathroom and found towels on the floor.

"Who left these towels on the floor?" Mama Bear asked.

"Not me," said Courtney Bear. "It's too small for me."
"Not me," said K-Bear. "It's too big for me."
"Not me," said Cody Bear. "I didn't take a bath yet."

Mama Bear hung up the towels then found socks on the floor in the hall.

"Who left these socks on the floor?" Mama Bear asked.


"Not me." said Courtney Bear. "They're too small for me."
"Not me," said K-Bear. "They're too big for me."
"Not me," said Cody Bear. "I don't wear socks."

Mama Bear picked up the socks and threw them in the laundry, then returned to the living room where she found a dinner plate on the coffee table.

"Who left this plate in the living room?" Mama Bear asked.


"Not me," said Courtney Bear. "That plate is too small for me."
"Not me," said K-Bear. "That plate is too big for me."
"Not me," said Cody Bear. "I already ate a bean burrito."

Mama Bear picked up the plate and put it in the kitchen.  She flopped on the couch and growled.  "Who wants to give Mama Bear a hug?"



"Me!" said Courtney Bear, giving Mama Bear a great big hug.
"Me!" said K-Bear, giving Mama Bear a medium sized hug.
"Me!" said Cody Bear, giving Mama Bear a wee little hug.

Mama Bear sighed and hugged her little bears back, just right.


9 comments:

aspiring_x said...

awwwwwww!!!!!!!
TOOO CUTE!!!! :)

coincidentally, my nickname for my hubby= kody-bear! (he goes by his middle name kody around family) :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

LOL You've just described my family dramas. (except you missed the one about drawing on the table cloth) :D

Jessica Bell said...

Awwww. That is so adorable!

GigglesandGuns said...

You ol' softy, you.
What happened to the invisible bear who did the deeds? No hugs?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And the moral of the story? Hugs negate all mischief!

Pk Hrezo said...

Aw, too cute! And funny joke from Monday too! :)

M Pax said...

Aww, what a sweet story. Very cute.

LTM said...

yay for all the little bears!!! I added bug to the end of my oldest's name and our youngest is variations of Pea. Sweet Pea, etc.

love the diminuitives. :o) <3

Susanne Drazic said...

Awww! How sweet!
: )