Join the Madness

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Explain this...


 Will someone explain to me why the minute you get one area of your life to work reasonably well all the other areas fall to pieces?


I've come to the conclusion that balance doesn't really exist, it's just a catchy word we all fantasize about. Kinda like pi - it just goes on and on and on.  

I have in my drafts folder 147 partially written posts.  Yes, 147.  And I'm just back from the gym, still kinda sweaty and probably more than a little smelly. I could really use a quick and easy post so I can shower and head to bed...but nothing really resonates tonight. 

Argh. 

So I'm just gonna leave you with this Fry Pi I made the last time I took kids to McD's and ask the quintessential question:


Which is easier to find:  The value of Pi or Balance?
















10 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

I get my large circumference from pie.

Damyanti said...

Balance is a myth, I agree with you. If not, it is an impossible-to-achieve goal in life, like 'perfection'.

My life is a mess right now, so is my writing, but my blogs seem to be perking up. Most of the time, though, (thankfully!) it is the other way around :)

Jules said...

Pi... isn't that what you eat trying to achieve balance? :)
Love the fries.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What's balance? And I think you've found your artisitc calling, if you can just keep from eating your creations.

Clarissa Draper said...

I agree. And what tires me the most is the stress I go through finding balance to take stress away.

Lindsay said...

I don't think I'll ever find a perfect balance for anything, but the fries are yummy. nom nom

Saumya said...

I agree with you...what the heck is balance anyway? Props for working out!! And wow, 147 posts?! Can't wait to read them :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Balance is a hard thing to find...at least it's not snowing anymore!

Isn't the value of pi 3.14r2 (that's squared)?

Theresa Milstein said...

Value of Pi! Seriously. That was the one thing in Math I understood.

The 1980s gave us the women can have it all myth. We can't. Some aspects have priority while the other ones fall apart.

How many partially done posts do you have? WoW! I do mine by the order.

Jolene Perry said...

Balance does not exist. It's like that scene in that movie with Nicolas Cage where they're all on that big balancing thing, only it's never really, actually, balanced for long. Mostly we just run around working as hard as we can on whatever thing is the biggest disaster.

OR Ignore it all in favor or writing. Like me :D