Join the Madness

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Things I'd like to see -- Part IV

  1. These first two are related.  I would LOVE to have a little electronic billboard on the bumper of vehicle.  You'd be able to change the message via text.  So if someone is too close, I could (ahem, I don't text and drive...I have my kids act as my secretary) change the message to BACK OFF or some such. hahaha.

  2. I hate it when some yahoo is tailgating me while I'm driving -- especially if they've got their brights on.  I wish my car had a set of lights or mirrors on the bumper so I could shoot the light back at them.  Yeah, probably a lawsuit waiting to happen, but it'd change their behavior!


  3. When you go to the movies and they're showing the trailers, do you turn to your date/friend/spouse at the end of each preview and say 'gotta see that'?  I wish they would put a phone number up on the screen to text 'yay' or 'nay'.  THEN the theater would send free passes to someone at random.


  4. I don't think this will happen -- at least not any time soon -- but it would be really awesome if you could record your dreams.  I would love to view mine while fully conscious to see if they make more or less sense.


  5. I read an article once that all thoughts were the result of particular combinations of chemicals and electrical signals in the brain.  This is oversimplified, of course, because I'm not a doctor.  Anyway, it made me wonder if it would be possible to decode these combinations and be able to accurately read someone's mind?  I'm specifically thinking about it in a CSI kinda way.  What if, in the future, doctors will be able to survey the brain and be able to conclude what a murder victim's last thoughts were?  They could reconstruct an image of the killer -- how cool would that be?


  6. I'd like a "jukebox" for movies.  This is pretty much obsolete now with Netflix and all the video streaming, but still I'd like to be able to load all my DVDs into one machine and browse through them on-screen.
  7. I've seen little voice recorders that will speed up/slow down or distort your voice another way.  What I'd like to see is one that will change it to a variety of accents.  It'd be great for answering machines and voice mail.  Set it to Southern Drawl one day, maybe Australian the next.


7 comments:

Jules said...

I love your train of thought! #2, just adjust your side view mirror, out and in-line with the car. Do it all the time and know I have it right when they suddenly put their hand over their eyes. Love electronic adjustable mirrors :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Katie Mills said...

these are all things I'd love to see. I sometimes wish I had one of those megaphones on top of my car connected to music: 'Get out da way' for people I'm trying to pass. 'the ice cream truck song' for people going to slow. And something threatening for people tailing me. Maybe the jaws theme? As for the high beams, I always aim my review mirror back at them- not only to keep the light from shinging in my eyes but to give them a flash of what they're shining at me.

Lydia K said...

I like all these ideas, but the dream recorder sounds straight out of a sci-fi flick. Maybe you need to write sci-fi???

Bish Denham said...

Wasn't there a movie or TV show or something about seeing the memories of a recently dead person? It seems very familiar.

A dream catcher...yes. It might be terrifying at times, but still, it would be informative.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I agree with Lydia K on this - most of these sounded like a scifi flick. You could probably write a sci novel about each of these. :)

Beth said...

Great wish list. Voting in the theaters has my vote!

Jolene Perry said...

OK - we're super close to number six, and you already kind of do that in a round about way on your computer, if your computer has a brain big enough for your movie collection.

I'd LOVE to record my dreams - however I'm sure it would be like - "you know how awesome and funny I am when I'm drunk?" only most of the people you know when drunk aren't that awesome or funny?

Mike and I talk about number 3 EVERY TIME we go to the movies!
Seriously! How easy would that be!
And awesome.

Also, I don't need a thingie on my bumper. My voice really carries ;D

next time, you really should try one of these a day. That would be one fun week.

Thinks Vicki would like to see...