Join the Madness

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Memory Lane Blogfest

 If you're looking to finish playing blackjack or get a last-minute entry in to the Brawl & Haul contest, click HERE.

******************

Welcome...you know when I scheduled this blogfest, I didn't realize that it coincided with the A-Z challenge that it seems everyone in the blogosphere (except me) is doing.  Woops.


All you need to do is answer the following questions:


When did you start your blog? 
One year ago today.  

What is first denomination (price) of postage stamp you remember?
I remember 18 cents, I think I was a teenager, but I haven't looked it up to verify.

How old were you  when you learned to ride a bike?
I was seven or eight.  And I had to hide it whenever I went into the house to get a drink or my nephew would ride off on it.  My brothers also cannibalized my bike to get parts for theirs.  

What was the first concert you attended without parental supervision?
This is so sad, I was in my twenties!  Hubs (then just my BF) drove to LA to see Depeche Mode.  We drove back to Vegas after the show because we had to go to work the next day...got all of 2 hours sleep.  Can't do that crap anymore.

How old were you when you got your first kiss?
I used to sit under the tables in Kindergarten and kiss a boy.  Not sure WHY the teacher didn't tell us to get back in our seats.  But if that doesn't count, then it's going to have to be 17, in the quad at school just before I went to some boring class.


What is your earliest memory?
Hmmm.  I remember a couple things back when I was 3 or 4.  Going down the stairs like a slide (they were carpeted).  I also remember I was scooting around the living room in a card board box, and I wouldn't pronounce my "Rs" which annoyed Mom no end.  I said 'wist' instead of 'wrist' and Mom told me if I couldn't say my "Rs" I couldn't go to Kindergarten. So I vroomed off in my fake car only to come back and whisper it in her ear 2 minutes later.  And guess what? I got to go to Kindergarten!


Here are the other participants (and the sign up if you're the last-minute kinda person)




17 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

At least your concert was someone cool.

Pk Hrezo said...

Wow kissing in kindergarten, huh??? You saucy little manx, you!

Thanks for the fun blogfest and happy blogoversary!!!

Bish Denham said...

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't see their first concert until an adult!

Jules said...

Sounds like your kindergarten antics are the material for a great limerick :)

Have a great weekend!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Gina said...

Kissing in kindergarten! You really kicked my butt on that one :)

Laurel Garver said...

I had the worst time saying Rs. Ls also. I couldn't pronounce my own name right till I was six!! You'd think I'd learn--but I named my kid Claire, which came out as Kay-uh for quite a while.

Thanks for hosting the fest. We in the non-alphabet crew need some camaraderie!

aspiring_x said...

oooh! poor baby vicki couldn't keep her bike safe!!! but she got the sugar to make up for it! :) cool fest! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome memories!! Love the first kiss :) My first concert was Burton Cummings way back when :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

My first concert was a free concert in a park in Little Rock, Arkansas....Blue Oyster Cult...My first "car" date. (swoon) I wonder what ever happened to him? I love how you always take me back, Vicki!

aspiring_x said...

ok? did any one else come to a really strange site when they clicked the bloggerdise link??? or did i do something wrong...

Janet Johnson said...

Your poor bike! Brothers can be such a pain. :)

Loved your answers. So fun to hear about you as a kid. And I never would have guessed about the sneaking kisses under the kindergarten table. :D

Clarissa Draper said...

I love Depeche Mode! Great idea for a blogfest.

Al said...

Interesting answers. Loved the one about your mum threatening to keep you away from kindy

LTM said...

I'm not doing A-Z, so I'll comment on your blog... :D love the 5 yos kissing under the table and sliding down the stairs... vrooom! Glad you found that R~ :o) xoxo <3

Mary Vaughn said...

Depeche Mode. Really?

(Sorry I'm late. Forgive me?)

Jackee said...

Looks like I missed out on this one, but your questions are great. And the answers even better. LOL! Kindergarten kissing....


Thanks for sharing, Vicki!

Jackee said...

Looks like I missed out on this one, but your questions are great. And the answers even better. LOL! Kindergarten kissing....


Thanks for sharing, Vicki!