Join the Madness

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Link-O-Rama

First and foremost, I've been invited over to Chris Phillips blog to try to explain my twisted relationship between music and writing...go on, click over I'll wait.


Today, I just want to share some of the amazing people I met with at the Missouri Writer's Guild conference in St. Louis.  Tomorrow I'll share more about the conference itself.

In no particular order...

June Freaking Cleaver (nope, not her real name, but I'll let her out herself when she's ready).  She was my first official meet 'n greet and has a wicked sense of humor.  Find her at Ratio of Failures.

Kim Piddington and I were in Sunday's Master class together.  She's got a book coming out later this year.  Her blog is HERE and her website is HERE.

Linda O'Connell sat with June and I during the Periodical/Ezine panel.  Ironically, I had just followed her a couple days before the conference.  Who knew I'd wind up bumping into a blogging buddy?  She has a long list of publishing credits.  You can find her blog Write from the Heart.

Sela Carsen I met in line while buying waaay too many books (I went through the line twice).  She's got a couple books out and they're next on my to-purchase list.  Her blog is HERE and her website is HERE.

Diana Gravemen I also met in line.  She's also got several books out.  Website HERE and blog HERE.

Becky Povich had dinner with June & I the first night.  You'll have to ask her what the crowbar changed...it's the title of her book, but I didn't get the story behind the title and it's killin' me.  Find her blog HERE.

Linda Jarrett (or HERE) and Diana Losciale I met during Elaine Viets' session...both were lots of fun!


There were lots more -- but I didn't exchange cards with everyone :-( 
Tomorrow I'll have more about the actual conference, LOL.  Fab - u - lous!

9 comments:

salarsenッ said...

This is wonderful. I'm glad you were able to meet so many people. That's great!

Lindsay said...

Glad you got to meet so many great people. :)

GigglesandGuns said...

And all this time I thought you were shy. LOL

BECKY said...

Hey Vicki! Thanks for the shout out. It was great to meet you, too!

Katie Mills said...

oh fun! It must be so neat to meet people like this face to face!

Chris Phillips said...

That does sound like fun.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I read Sela's "Not Quite Dead" a while back. I LOVED it!! Wish it were longer!

Bluestocking Mum said...

Good to find your blog. Look forward to following you and your writing.

warm wishes
Debbie

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Love conferences for just this reason! You meet some really amazing people. One of my bestest friends now I met at a conference. Sounds like this one was a real winner for you, Vicki!