Join the Madness

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gossip From the Girl's Room

I am soooo excited to be a part of Rose Cooper's blog tour today!  I've been a rabid fan since the day I stumbled across her query letter for Gossip from the Girls' Room.  I happen to be a mother to a very dramatic Gossip Girl of my own, so we counted the days until we could buy the book.


Rose and I had a very ummm...interesting interview. Take a look:


1. Have you ever hidden out in the girls room?
Yes. But it was only to do research for the book. I swear.

2. Do you check the toilet paper roll BEFORE you need it?
No, and let me tell you, this can create problems. Like blindly grabbing under the stall next to me and hoping that’s the toilet paper. And if not, then refer to question one.

3. If a bathroom has 5 stalls and they're all free, which one would you choose? (#1 is closest to you and #5 is furthest)
I always go to the first stall (going number 2 just sounds bad, right?) unless it’s stink haunted.

4. Have you ever snuck into the men's room when the line for the women's is outrageously long?
Yes! Drastic times call for drastic measures. And while in there I might also have done additional book research for my second book (Rumors from the Boys’ Room).

5. Have you ever dropped something into the bowl? Did you retrieve it or flush it?
Fortunately, I’ve never done this, but unfortunately my husband has. He dropped his iPhone! It actually survived though. Did you know uncooked rice dries it out?

6. I know Rumors from the Boy's Room comes out this fall, do you have another in the series planned after that?
I cannot tell a lie—maybe. Okay, so there “might be” some talk of it, but nothing official as of yet. When I first wrote Gossip, I did an outline for four other books in the series, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

7. Anything else you'd like to add?
I can type with my toes.

(You totally need to VLOG that!!)
  
For your chance to win a copy of Gossip from the Girls' Room, tell me is Rose doing research or hiding from me in the picture below?


You don't want to miss a minute of this tour! Here's a list of all the stops:


Monday, April 18th: The MisAdventures in Candyland
See the first page of the sketchbook used to write Gossip From the Girls' Room  
Tuesday, April 19th: The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment 
Find out how the illustration process works and see (exclusively!) illustrations cut from Gossip From The Girls' Room!
Wednesday, April 20th: Rambles & Randomness 
A way fun interview and a image of how I did my research for Gossip (never before seen!) And win a copy of GOSSIP!
Thursday, April 21st:  Unedited
See the graphic evolution of Sofia Becker from Gossip. What? She had other looks? Wait till you see!

Friday, April 22nd: Talli Roland 
What's the most embarrassing question I get asked? And seen before drawings from my childhood (yikes!)

Saturday, April 23rd: Booking Mama 
Did you get teased or bullied as a kid? I did! Find out what about!

Monday, April 25th: Random Acts of Reading
Omigosh! Did I really send a query to Random House when I was a kid? Visit to find out!



If you're not following Rose yet, what are you waiting for? Hop over now and tell her I sent ya! (I'll even give you an extra entry in the book drawing!)









28 comments:

LTM said...

awesome interview! And great tip about the rice... :D I'm trying to imagine typing with my toes... hmmm... ;p

Rose Cooper said...

I can open doors with my toes too, but thought typing was more "writing related" lol

Thanks for the awesomely fun interview Vicki! You Rock!

Jaydee Morgan said...

Such a fun interview. And of course she's doing research - why would anyone hide from you :)

Tara said...

Love this interview! I've always taught my DD that the first rule of public bathrooms is to check the paper before anything else ;)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm not sure about the girl book, but I'm sure one of my boys will love the one due out in the fall.

Definitely hiding. ;)

Amie B said...

So funny! And I know for a fact she's hiding out. ( actually, I don't know that, but it sounded official.)

And don't forget, rose will visit my blog during her tour. April 26th. WWW.Amie-Borst.com

GigglesandGuns said...

Bought the book for my friends granddaughter. She loved it but won't share it with her grandma and me -- we have to get our own.

I see you hiding for research in your pic. I know Vicki is hiding in there too somewhere.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Rose's book sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at B & N. (If I don't win it.)

Great interview....I hopped over and followed her and left a comment in your honor, Vicki. :)

Katie Mills said...

the rice is a good trick! I'll have to keep that in mind should I ever dunk my iphone! LOL Cute pic. I think she's hiding from you vicki!

Karen Walker said...

Great interview, Vicki. And thanks for the comment and visit on my blog today.
Karen

Lydia K said...

"Stink haunted" is going to be added to my phrase book.
Great interview, so funny!

Talei said...

Fun interview! And I shall have to check the book now. Thanks for the heads up.

Matthew MacNish said...

Rose rules, 'nuff said!

N. R. Williams said...

Great interview. I spy and inquisitive face so it must be research.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Vicki! Your blog is my R feature on Thursday.

Copyboy said...

Satisfied my Girl's room fix. Thanks for the tour dates.

Theresa Milstein said...

Loved this interview! I'd expect nothing less, Vicki. You two make an excellent team.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

LOL! I've used the men's bathroom when the women's was full. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

VR Barkowski said...

Excellent interview. Rose's book sounds awesome and I love these questions! That toilet paper thing? I think you only do it once. It's a life/behavior altering experience.

Talli Roland said...

Great interview! Rose is on my blog tomorrow and I can't wait!

Chris Phillips said...

Very informative. I thought all girls had kleenex in their purse or something in case the tp runs dry. This must be why you go to the bathroom in groups. The ole' buddy system.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Vicki .. good fun interview with Rose .. yes - used the boy's room ..

Gossip from the Girls'Room sounds an interesting novel ..

Cheers Hilary

Dafeenah said...

So glad Alex said to stop by and say hi. She is definitely hiding out. The smirk gives it away.

Ella said...

Great interview; she is doing research of course ;-D

N4M3L3SS said...

cool blog, followng

Laura said...

She's totally doing research! So glad to have found your blog through Alex J Cav's! Brilliant interview and new avid follower :)

My neighbour dropped his iphone and it was covered in snow for 2 weeks - the rice trick still worked - we couldn't believe it!
Lxx

Nicki Elson said...

What a crazy & fun interview! Only for research, indeed. ;)

Jude said...

Haha funniest interview ever!