Join the Madness

Friday, April 22, 2011

Cody Strikes Again

More fabulous quotes from my ray of sunshine...


"My anger has a shadow."

"My love line is coming out." 
(not sure what that is, not sure I want to know)

While I cooked dinner, he came in to tell me that "Tom Sawyer is married to Diane Sawyer.  Diane Sawyer is a news anchor and Tom Sawyer did the voice of Wishbone the dog."

(Yes, I looked it up later. They're not married, but Tom Sawyer was involved with the Wishbone series on PBS.)


(Pointing at a phone booth...the phone had been removed)
"In the olden days, they made calls there."


I was asking Cody random questions in the car. The song on the radio changed.
"I hear a song from Kesha. I can't answer right now."

"Is it hard to kiss your mustache?"
(not sure how to answer that since I don't have a mustache...at least that's what I keep telling myself)


(When telling me a story...)
"I freaked....froke out"
(I'd totally vote to make froke a word)


(while eating pizza, the sauce leaks out from under the cheese)
"EWWW! Blood!"


(to his sister)
"I'm a serious gamer.  All gamers need to be wiindproof"


(after a bath, he got very upset)
C: I want to smell like cheese!
Me: Why do you want to smell like cheese, Cody?
(no answer)
C: I want to smell like MOLDY cheese.



(While we were waiting in the car one night, I was telling Cody how much I loved him - more than the stars in the sky, more than all the fish in the ocean yada yada yada.  He was completely unimpressed until I came up with this one...and he now repeats it ALL the time.)
I love you more than all the wags in a dog's tail


And possibly the greatest quote of all time...
"I don't lie! I speak fiction!"

13 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

I think I love your kid!

I don't lie either...but fictional accounts of events that took place are a service I offer.

GigglesandGuns said...

Your family is great;0)
That last quote should be a one of those wooden signs at the flea market.
Enjoy the weekend!

Jules said...

ROFL, I so need to rent me a Cody! I so vote yes to the "Frock." :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

aspiring_x said...

oh coders! that kid is so cool!

BECKY said...

How sweet and funny, both!! How old is Cody?! If you've told me, I've forgotten!!

Gina said...

Oh my God, hysterical! I'm totally stealing the I speak fiction quote! That's my new story and I'm sticking to it :)

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! that was a fun post for sure. coders is way cool! have a real nice weekend and happy easter!
...hugs from lenny

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Kids say the damndest things! If you ever figure out the love line thing, let us know.

Little Ms J said...

I can't wait to see what Cody grows up to be! I like the anger having a shadow. This kid has such an imagination!

Justine Dell said...

The first two had me laughing out loud, and by the time I got to "froke", I lost it! Kids *Sigh*

~JD

Bethany Elizabeth said...

As a gamer myself, I'd have to say I agree with him.
Gamers DO need to be windproof.
:D

Lindsay said...

Lol. I'm with Cody on making 'froke' a word. And I'm so using 'I don't lie. I speak fiction.' AWESOME!

Shannon said...

Okay, I had to chime in on this one:

"I don't lie! I speak fiction!"

LOVE IT!