Join the Madness

Monday, April 4, 2011

Brawl & Haul - The Winners

Whew!  Last week was a BLAST!  Thanks to everyone for participating and to Janet for teaming up with me.  Adding up all the points was ummmmm....interesting, but I think we finally got the kinks worked out so Random.org could do its job.  Here are the daily results:

Mock Me Monday

Total votes: 49

Vicki's BAD story : 40 votes; 82%
Janet's eruption: 9 votes; 18%

I WIN!!! Luckily, going public with embarrassing moments is very therapeutic.  
The winner of my daily prize is....


Jules, you've won this gorgeous bookmark (and chocolate):












Testing Tuesday:

Total quizzes taken: 27

Vicki's Grade: 36/60; 60%
Janet's Grade: 56/75; 75%

Janet won Tuesday.  Click over to her blog to see who won her daily prize and what she's giving away.

The answers to my quiz were: 

1. Which of the following celebrities have NOT been mentioned on Vicki's blog?
b. Mark Wahlburg

2. The artist who painted the picture Vicki uses as her icon is
:
c. Alfred Gockel

3. Ever the fan of odd writing analogies, which of the following has Vicki NOT used?

c. Writing is like popping a zit

4. Which of the following was NOT a title of a post?

c. Tickling Turtles

5. What is the working title of Vicki's WIP?

b. Porcelain God

The answers to Janet's quiz were:

1. Which This vs. That debate has NOT been featured on Janet's blog?
c. Spring vs. Summer

2. Janet professes to speak another language. Which one?
a. French


3. What obsession (besides writing) does Janet constantly blog about?
b. license plates


4. What celebrity does Janet pose with in her profile picture?
d. Oscar the Grouch

5. Janet did a 4-part series on what topic?
b. Clichés
 
Wacky Wednesday:

Total votes: 35

Vicki's POLLTREE: 0 votes; 0%
Janet's BITE ME: 35 votes; 100%

Janet TOTALLY kicked my butt on this one.  I didn't even get one sympathy vote!  I knew it the minute I saw her entry. Click over to her blog to see who won this and what she's awarding!

YOUR entries cracked me up, so I am adding another prize for Lydia K at the Word is My Oyster for her "Poultry in Motion" that had me laughing.  

Lydia, you've won an ornamental grass set.  I SOOO should have bought a second one of these. You grow REAL grass right at your desk.  Comes with scissors to "mow" when it gets too long.




















This vs. That Thursday:

Total votes: 46

Vicki's Laptop: 33 votes; 72%
Janet's Pen & Paper: 13 votes; 28%

This one was closer, but in the end I came in ahead.  Not exactly a fair fight.  Kinda like a bicycle racing a sports car.  But anyhow, the lucky winner from today's post is:


 Melissa, you've won these:  Papergirl Notecards (& chocolate)












Black(jack) Friday:
I love playing black jack and I thought up a few tricks this time around to make our NEXT game that much easier.  
I'm awarding prizes for everyone who got a 21:

You've won this adorable manicure set:











You've won this Body Art set:
(you wild child you...)











You've won this mini Zen Tea Ceremony:





Okay, now on to the part you've all been waiting for. The Grand Prize Winners!

Grand Prize #1: Ten-page Critique by Sarah LaPolla of Curtis Brown!

Katie Kelly! 

Grand Prize #2: Gift Basket including a $40 Gift Card to Amazon!


Margo, shoot me an email (MissVSpeaks(at)gmail(dot)com) with your address and your theme preference for your gift basket:  Books/Writing, Food, or Spa.

19 comments:

Chris Phillips said...

Congrats to the winnerz!

salarsenッ said...

Congrats to the winners!! You must have Mark W. on. (hee...)

Jules said...

I won? ;) Didn't know I entered but THANK YOU so much. I sure could use some chocolate this morning :)

Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Gina said...

Congrats to the winners! And anyone who didn't win can visit my blog today, where there are 2 chances to win some amazing ARCs and books! (And I'm still mortified on your behalf for that "bad" story, Vicki!)

LTM said...

Fantastic! Lord knows I need that right about NOW!!! :D Thanks, guys. This was hilarious~ xoxo

Katie Mills said...

this was a really fun idea! You guys crack me up! Congrats the winners!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Great fun, Vicki! Congratulations to all the winners!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats to all the wiinners!

Clarissa Draper said...

I'm so happy for all the winners. This was a lot of fun. You should do it again, Vicki!

Melissa said...

Thank you so much! I had fun playing along last week!

Jolene Perry said...

SWEEEET!!

Only I do have a nearly 8 year old at home, I wonder what the changes are of me busting that thing out and her NOT having something drawn on her...

THANKS!!!

Susanne Drazic said...

CONGRATS to all the winners!

Victoria Dixon said...

Many, many congratulations to all the winners! :)

Lynn said...

Congratulations to all the winners. That manicure set is adorable!

Lindsay said...

Congrats to all the winners. And thank you for a fun contest :)

Margo Berendsen said...

Poultry in Motion - that's awesome!!!! play on poetry in motion, right?

THanks for the prize!!! I'm thrilled! What a fun way to win, too. If I could find my blogger soul mate (or boxing partner, as the case may be) I would totally rip this idea off :)

Theresa Milstein said...

Yay to the winners! Happy to see Leigh and Jules.

Lydia K said...

OMG, I will never be happpier about mowing a lawn now. Yay! THank you!

Beth said...

Congratulations to all the winners!