Join the Madness

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wacky Plate Wednesday

And here we are at day three of our epic Braul and Haul contest.  Today, Janet and I are facing off to come up with the best (in 8 digits or less) personalized plate for this car:


 My entry:
POLLTREE

Now hop on over to Janet's blog to see what she came up with. Don't forget to vote!

Oh, and because we wanted YOU to have some fun, too, we thought you should have a chance to exercise your mad license-plate-making skills. What plate would you give this tow truck? 
(I LOVE this picture. It TOEtally cracks me up)





Rules Refresher: (ahem, the fine print)
1. You must be a follower of both blogs
2. When you comment, let us know if you want
    a.  Grand Prize #1 - 10-page critique by Sarah LaPolla (YA or Adult work) or
    b.  Grand Prize #2 - A Prize-filled Gift Basket including a $40 Amazon gift card
3. You can earn 5 bonus entries by spreading the word (twitter, blogs, facebook, sidebar)
4. This is open internationally! Woo hoo!
5. Contest Closes Saturday 2 April at midnight EST. All winners will be announced Monday, 4 April



Tomorrow: This vs. That  -- Janet and I debate an age-old question.
Memory Lane Blogfest April 2 (Hey A to Z-ers...B is for Blogfest!)

27 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

My license plate would be - TOE JAM

Her blog isn't up yet, so I'll vote later. Yours is hysterical and now I get the addiction to making up license plates!

Beth said...

Great suggestion, but I'm giving the win to janet. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Lydia K said...

That's poultry in motion, that is.
;P

Katie Mills said...

bwahaha to Lydia's response! OFf to check out what Janet came up with...;)

Talli Roland said...

Loving this week, Vicki! Lydia's comment made me laugh!

Kristi said...

This just MADE my morning...those photos are hilarious!

Justine Dell said...

Okay, I seriously thought that was a REAL turkey carved out to look like a car. I stared at the photo for like five minutes, wondering how they did that, before scrolling down and then smacking myself on the head! Silly, JD.

ToeJam--that's my name for the pinky-mobile.

;-)

~JD

Jules said...

LOL, you guys are great fun. :) How about "TOETLYU"
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jaydee Morgan said...

Love these! Mine: NEEDATOE

Janet Johnson said...

I'm loving all the word play! Great plate. :)

Clarissa Draper said...

I love Jaydee's second plate answer!

Carolyn V said...

Wow! That is just amazing! Hee hee.

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! sorry but for today i gotta go with miss janet. yours is cool but for me hers is cooler.
...hugs from lenny

Margo Berendsen said...

Janet's got my vote today. I'm so lame all I can think of that toe truck is ToeCheez!

Melissa said...

I've got to vote for Janet too;) My plate for the second one is NOFREETOES.

LTM said...

Jolene stole mine. I guess alternatively I'd go with Toematr. :D But that's from Cars...

OK, that chicken bug makes me mildly nauseous... :p <3

Jolene Perry said...

Okay Vicki, you know Janet got you today.

Last night I wasn't sure someone could top Polltree because I love words that look like one thing and sound like another (I'm sure there's some writerly word for this but it escapes me at the moment) but BITE ME? Love that phrase, and it creates a pretty hysterical visual for me ;D

Lindsay said...

Lol. Off to see what Janet put now :)

Nicole MacDonald said...

... WOW now those are cars I'd LOVE to see driving down the road ;p
The Arrival, Book 1 of the BirthRight trilogy available now

Bethany Elizabeth said...

lol, what you two are doing is so cute! :)

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I told Janet already, but that toe truck is from Seattle. I've seen it for real!

Sorry, Vicki, but I voted for Janet this time around. Sniff sniff.

Still hoping for prize #1!

Amy

Copyboy said...

I'm driving over there now in my old VW.

Reb's photo world said...

Sorry I too must go with Janet's Bite Me!!!

Love the Toe jam one!!!

Maybe PBJ4U or is that just too gross and off the wall.

Yat-Yee said...

I want to see one of those cars on the road. POLLTREE is great, but I think I'll go with BITE ME.

Victoria Dixon said...

Yeah, Janet's got my vote, though yours is definitely a good groaner. How about Toetld? Can we tell I did that to my car recently?

Lisa Potts said...

Sorry, Vicki, but Janet's got this one.

Prize#2. Thanks!

Susanne Drazic said...

Janet got my vote on this one!

Prize pack #2

On the pink tow truck, I think the license plate should say TOEJAM, lol.