Join the Madness

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Testing Tuesday - Brawl & Haul Day Two

Welcome back to Brawl & Haul Day Two!!  Thanks to everyone who stopped by yesterday and cast their vote for the most embarrassing moment.  You have until midnight (Eastern) Saturday to cast your vote on any of the "brawls" we're holding this week.  

How well do you know Janet?  A brief quiz is below...and not that I'm encouraging you to cheat, but all the answers can be found on her blog....which is also where you can find MY quiz.  It's multiple choice, so give it a go.

1. Which This vs. That debate has NOT been featured on Janet's blog?
a. Paris vs. Rome
b. Peanut Butter vs. Chocolate
c. Spring vs. Summer
d. Cake vs. Ice cream

2. Janet professes to speak another language. Which one?
a. French
b. Spanish
c. German
d. Chinese

3. What obsession (besides writing) does Janet constantly blog about?
a. chocolate
b. license plates
c. cats
d. movies

4. What celebrity does Janet pose with in her profile picture?
a. Kermit the Frog
b. Miss Piggy
c. Mickey Mouse
d. Oscar the Grouch

5. Janet did a 4-part series on what topic?
a. Character-building
b. Clichés
c. Writing Humor
d. How to procrastinate without guilt

Rules Refresher: (ahem, the fine print)
1. You must be a follower of both blogs
2. When you comment, let us know if you want
    a.  Grand Prize #1 - 10-page critique by Sarah LaPolla (YA or Adult work) or
    b.  Grand Prize #2 - A Prize-filled Gift Basket including a $40 Amazon gift card
3. You can earn 5 bonus entries by spreading the word (twitter, blogs, facebook, sidebar)
4. This is open internationally! Woo hoo!
5. Contest Closes Saturday 2 April at midnight EST. All winners will be announced Monday, 4 April


Tomorrow: Wacky Car Wednesday -- Janet and I fight to come up with the best plate for a VERY unusual car.
Memory Lane Blogfest April 2 (Hey A to Z-ers...B is for Blogfest!)

19 comments:

Abhishek Duggal said...

1) I'm a follower of both blogs via GFC -
forsurveysonly at gmail dot com


2a) Janet

2b) I prefer Grand Prize #2 - A Prize-filled Gift Basket

Thanks for the opportunity!

forsurveysonly at gmail dot com

Clarissa Draper said...

I only joined Janet's blog yesterday so really, I have no idea. However, here are my guess:

1. Which This vs. That debate has NOT been featured on Janet's blog?
d. Cake vs. Ice cream

2. Janet professes to speak another language. Which one?
a. French

3. What obsession (besides writing) does Janet constantly blog about?
b. license plates

4. What celebrity does Janet pose with in her profile picture?
d. Oscar the Grouch

5. Janet did a 4-part series on what topic?
b. Clichés (I actually want to go back and read this...)

Christopher said...

d,a,b,d,b

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! more fun stuff for sure. i think i could know you and miss janet pretty good cause of being a follower since i been blogging. heres my answers about miss janet.
1. c - spring vs summer
2. a - french
3. b - license plates
4. d - oscar the grouch
5. b - cliches
i hope i got them all right.
...hugs from lenny

Carolyn V said...

Oh man. I totally have no idea. Although I hope she's covered Cake vs. Ice cream, because that just sounds delicious.

Yat-Yee said...

1. c
2. a
3. b
4. d
5. b

Melissa said...

Okay, here goes.
1. c
2. a
3. b
4. d
5. b

LTM said...

You guys are so killing me with this! I just met Janet, dammit, so I don't know the answers. I'm going to go w/all Cs, and hope for the best~ :D <3

Theresa Milstein said...

These are the most entertaining quizzes I've ever read! (Even if I don't know the answers.)

I've shared this on FB and my blog sidebar! I'd love to win pkg #1

Jolene Perry said...

OK - totally don't know Janet as well...

1 - c
2 - a
3 - b
4 - d
5 - b - but I'd LOVE to see a series on procrastiantion without guilt. My hubs is an EXPERT!

Oh, yeah, Suzie MUST read my MS. MUST!!

Jolene Perry said...

Oh, yeah. And you're TOTALLY on my sidebar :)

Reb's photo world said...

Answers about Janet
1. c. Spring vs. Summer
2. a. French; though she has also taken Spanish
3. b. license plates
4. d. Oscar the Grouch
5. b. Clichés

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

1. c
2. a
3. b but she loves chocolate!
4. d
5. b

Copyboy said...

1. c
2. b
3. a
4. a
5. c

I hope you grade on a curve.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Oh my word, I stink at this! I'll never get them right, but I know with absolute certainty that the answer to number 4 is...probably D! Hehe.

Margo Berendsen said...

1. Cake vs Ice Cream?

2. French

3. license plates!!!!

4. Oscar

5. Cliches - it was awesome

Victoria Dixon said...

1. Peanut Butter Vs. Chocolate (but WHY NOT?)
2. French
3. License Plates
4. Oscar the Grouch
5. Cliches

Susanne Drazic said...

Grand prize # 2.

1 - c
2 - a
3 - b
4 - d
5 - b

Lisa Potts said...

OK, here goes:

c,a,b,a,b

Prize#2. Thanks!