Join the Madness

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tempting Fate

While I like trying new things, I'm really not much of an adventurer.  You'll never find me sky diving, bungee jumping or eating exotic foods.  I like my feet on the ground, thank you very much.  And I like to confine my culinary experiences to easily identifiable food groups.


Once in awhile, though, I walk on the wild side.  Sometimes it's premeditated and sometimes it's just the result of my scatterbrained self not thinking things through. 


All right, mostly it's me not thinking things through.


Overall, I seem to spend the bulk of my time thinking about stupid stuff -- you know, like new inventions to make my life easier or ideas for blog posts or what I'd like to eat for lunch.  Okay, so maybe the last one wasn't so stupid.


Point is that I don't always use my mental capacity in the most efficient, worthwhile ways.  


And so it was in one of those haphazard brainless moments where I recently found myself inadvertently tempting Fate.


As you may know, Fate has a wicked, and slightly sadistic, sense of humor.  

She's the one that makes sure that really cute guy you've been watching runs into you at the store when you're wearing pajama pants, no makeup (unless you count the mascara smeared under your eyes), and serious bedhead.  

I'm sure she gets a good laugh at our expense and I'm also sure she can't resist a challenge.


So, if you want to tempt Fate in a way no woman should dare, I have THREE little words for you, my little adrenaline junkies:




WEAR WHITE PANTS


7 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

Me, spitting my drink out my nose, thankful I'm not in white pants :)

Katie Mills said...

LOL! Yes, that is one definite way to tempt the fates. too funny!

Angela Felsted said...

LOL! I did not see that coming. :D

Mary Vaughn said...

LOL! You are nuts. There's no doubt in my mind. Please tell me you did not do this.
(If you have a minute drop by and clean my desk where the snorted coffee landed.)

Carolyn V said...

Hee hee hee! That is such a bad idea. And fate is always out to get me!

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Too funny!! I get such a kick out of your posts. Thanks for the smile!

Clarissa Draper said...

I never wear white pant! I'm always going to pick that day to sit on catsup or a chocolate bar or spill orange juice...or worse!