Join the Madness

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Seven Little Nuggets

I recently received the Stylish Blogger Award from Al at Publish or Perish  AND Tamara Narayan at Get Your Giggle On 


According to the rules, I'm supposed to post 7 things about me.  Let's see what I come up with:


1. I have a bad habit of only getting into a fashion trend after it's peaked and (in some cases) past. Makes me wonder if I should even accept this Stylish Blogger Award.


2. I love jewelry, but I rarely wear it.  I have my wedding band on all the time and occasionally earrings or maybe necklace...never both at the same time.


3. I don't wear much makeup.  Maybe mascara and a touch of a neutral eyeshadow.  I only do the works if I'm going out to a party or other formal function.


4. I hate spending money on things I know I can make myself for less...I just don't have the time to make these things...and truthfully, I often lack the talent too!


5. Unlike Al who takes stunning photos, I drag my camera all kinds of places and then never take it out of my purse.


6. I have odd dreams on a regular basis (ask my family!). I sometimes dream I'm other people.  Once I was a bald-headed, pot-bellied, chain-smoking man. Very weird.


7. I have been stock piling little prizes for my anniversary contest celebration (March 28-April 1st) since about Christmas time.  There are some things I think are so cool I'm tempted to keep them for myself!




Now I'm supposed to pass this on, but I hate excluding people so I'm gonna offer it up to anyone reading this who happens to be wearing pants (cuz I don't want to encourage anyone to not wear pants around here.)


11 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

HA! #1 happens to me too. I don't know why I bother. LOL

salarsenッ said...

Ooh, I am so #4. High-five!

Jen Daiker said...

Bahaha I love that you dream that you're other people because my co-workers just talked about this last week. I have a co-worker who dreams he's wearing another co-workers hair... it's so crazy. I'm thinking he needs to try Rogaine beacuse currently he's bald and I'm beginning to think it's got to bother him if he chooses a girl with hair down to the low of her back!

Kristi said...

Oh yeah, you had me on most of these, but especially #1 and #5! I'm loving this trend of wearing scarves with everything, but have yet to try to pull it off! (But I will finally do it when it's probably uncool and passe'.)

LTM said...

LOL! At you w/the stylish comment, and the thing about pix. Al does take the most lovely pix... Congrats! Are you "back" yet? I'm dead. ;o) <3

Carolyn V said...

Oh man! I think I fall into #1 too! Oh and #4, I'm so #4. =)

Ann said...

I am another number 4! What is it with that.
Congratulations on the award and for making your own Stylish statement!

Talli Roland said...

I love jewellery too but somehow whenever I put on the big pieces I love, it just looks... wrong. I have a whole drawer full of things I never wear!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi mis vicki! big HOORAY for you getting those cool awards. that dream was way strange. ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award!

I have strange dreams, too. The weirdest part is they never seem to relate to anything I've experienced, or even thought about.

Janet Johnson said...

Oh man! I have culots (how do you spell that anyway?) on. Congrats on the award, and yay for our contest!