Join the Madness

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Making of a Snowman

Snow sucks.  Sorry to come right out and burst your bubble like that, but it's true.  It's cold, it's a pain in the butt to shovel,  and don't get me started on driving in it.


It can be kinda pretty.  When it's falling.  After that it gets brown and slushy and blech.


So let's just say I'm not a fan, okay?  I've tried making a few snowmen in my day, and they have always turned out to be the most pitiful looking things you've ever seen.  So, I thought I'd build one, document the procedure and you'd all get a good laugh out of it.  The perfect Mock Me Monday post, only it's not Monday so we'll call this the Wacky Wednesday or something.






We had a warm streak right after I had my brilliant idea, and the snow melted away.  We got another snow storm, but it was then so cold the snow wouldn't stick together.  Finally, the weather cooperated so I dragged my daughter outside to snap the pictures for me.






And wouldn't you know, I made the best snowman of my LIFE!  Now, before I upload the picture, I want you to know that's not to say it was the best snowman EVER, just my personal best.






Without further ado, here is little Guiddo in all his naked glory:




































Come back tomorrow, I'll show his demise... (insert evil laughter)

6 comments:

Katie Mills said...

awe, proud snowman mama! lol

Stina Lindenblatt said...

He's adorable.

My kids have given up on making a snowman. We have so much darn snow, but it's been too cold. And when it does warm up, the weather quickly gets cold again. So we don't actually have snow. Just icebergs maskerading as snow. ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Did you throw hot water on that little snowman?

Clarissa Draper said...

That's amazing! One time my family made really tall men and women snowmen (imagine the statue of David - even with boobs). I'm not sure what my neighbours thought.

Jules said...

LOL, great story. How did you let that snowman drink last night? :)

Miss ya!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Anonymous said...

Did you film it for America's Funniest Videos???
Lynnie