I dare you to disagree:
- all the problems (no matter how dire) are solved in 30 mins or less
- the mother always knows exactly what to say to reassure, encourage, or chastise her family
- the kids actually communicate with their parents!
- they live in cool houses
- the house stays clean (sometimes the kids' rooms are messy but the main rooms are always spotless)
- no more work -- people on sitcoms are never seen working
- no more exercise -- people on sitcoms don't exercise either and they always look great!
- endless wardrobe -- have you ever seen anyone on TV wear the same outfit twice (reruns don't count)
- sitcom families get to go cool places and meet famous people
I can handle an audience of complete strangers laughing at me every 30 seconds (c'mon, is that really that much different from my every day life???) if there is peace and harmony at the end of every episode!
How about you? Anything you'd like to add?