Join the Madness

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau

My daughterling had plans that fell through last night so I took her to see the Adjustment Bureau.  I didn't know much about the movie going in, which is really the way I like to see movies.  I don't want to know too much about it before I see it because most of the time I can figure out everything that's going to happen.  

Anyhow, it's rather ironic that we saw this movie because the entire premise of the movie is something I've been whining about the last few weeks.  It is my personal belief that when things start going awry in my life there is a reason - and usually it's a sign that I need to make a change errrrr...an 'adjustment'. And without getting into anything that might lead to spoilers let me just say it ties in with the premise of the movie.


It is also ironic that I should see this on the heels of my Beyond Rubies conference.  I always leave there feeling inspired and empowered.  My *little voice* usually comes through louder and clearer afterward, which is a good thing except this year it is urging me to do something WAY out of my comfort zone.  Like from here to Pluto out of the zone.  

But seeing a movie about life adjustments seems to underscore, highlight, italicize, and bold-face everything the voice has been suggesting.  ...and who am I to argue with the universe?  


But ohhhhhh man, if you only knew what it wants me to do! (gulp) Stay tuned.

If you've seen the movie, what did you think?


 



9 comments:

Jules said...

Is this Craig Niedermaier or is Vicki back? Adjustments, what adjustments?

Well, anyway have a great weekend.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

KarenG said...

This movie sounds good, and I concur with your personal belief about adjustments. Now I'm really so curious about what adjustments you are making that have you growling! Hoping you will tell us :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No I haven't! Keep hearing good things about it.

Clarissa Draper said...

I haven't heard of the movie. I'll check out the trailer. I think that you're right, we need to make adjustments, especially when things are going wrong. Thanks for the post.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I want to see that movie! :) I haven't had a chance yet, though. And I know what you mean about out of your comfort zone - I'm about to leave on a short trip that's making me leave it for awhile. :( But whenever I remember that it's a courage issue, I feel better. I can be courageous if I have to. I've forced characters into it before, and if they've done it, I absolutely must be able to. :)
Also, CS Lewis helps - "Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but every virtue at its testing point." :)

LTM said...

what are you up to??? :D

Haven't seen the movie, but I read it was very good. I like both the leads... Very interesting post here~ :o) <3

Little Ms J said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm glad you're so inspired! I love it when the clouds part and everything suddenly seems clear!

Jenn said...

Saw the movie with the hubster--thought it was very interesting. As is whatever is going on in your life that you're not revealing to us that needs adjusting. ;)

Nicole MacDonald said...

Ooooo I want to know what that voice is telling you to do *grin*
The Arrival, Book 1 of the BirthRight trilogy available now