Join the Madness

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tale of Two Themes

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who gets the Star Wars theme song mixed up with the Superman theme song?

I've listened to both of them in their entirety, and on the bigger scale I hear the difference but the part I *remember* in the middle sounds the same to me

from about 40 seconds to 1:15 of Superman


and from about 10 to 30 seconds and 50 to 1:10 of Star Wars




That is the same isn't it?  Or eerily similar?  (For the record, I was 20 before I realized "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" was the same tune as the "Alphabet Song")

6 comments:

salarsenッ said...

I just laughed so hard about your revelation over TTLS and the Alphabet! Thanks for the smiles.

Jules said...

I believe you are correct. I guess since Star Wars is in the future they just sped it up. Now exactly how did you notice this? ;)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Mary Vaughn said...

I'm with Jules -- why were you researching this? AND why were you doing TTLS and the Alphabet Song at age 20? So many *fun* things we don't now about you! LOL

Bish Denham said...

Wow! They are remarkably similar...but not the same.

Angela Felsted said...

Um, no. I think you're the only one who mixes them up. Kidding, kidding . . . but, I can tell you exactly why they sound similar. They both use perfect fifths in the introduction. A trick most composers use when writing music they want to sound heroic.

LTM said...

DANGIT, Vicki!!! We really ARE the same person... LOL! *snort* (And I was like a mom and 32 before I got that Twinkle Twinkle-ABC connection.) ;p