Join the Madness

Thursday, February 3, 2011

More things I'd love to see

LEAVE A COMMENT HERE 
for your chance to win a signed copy of 
Homework Helpers: Essays & Termpapers
See the list of goodies HERE

***********************

The other day I posted Ten Things I'd Like to See.  I've got ten more things to add to the list.

1. I want the networks to make their FULL broadcast schedule available online.  I'd pay a subscription fee for it, no problem. Yes,I know there's Hulu but there are a lot of shows not available and some of them will only show you LAST season.  Yes, there's TIVO and DVR, but if the networks did it my way, those would become obsolete.  I want to watch any TV show anytime.

2. We eat Hamburger Helper in one flavor or another at least once a week.  WHY OH WHY isn't the company selling its little seasoning packets separately or in bulk?  It'd be really nice to make a little bit extra (or less) depending on the crowd that night.  I'm totally going to write to the company and ask them to help me out...

3. Remember pump-up sneakers? (Were those Nike Air?)  The idea being you could just add a little extra cushioning/support to your shoes whenever you wanted or needed it.  I want this for my bras.  Seriously.  Some dresses/shirts don't fit as well as others ... and let's face it a bra is cheaper than surgery. I'm not vain,  I just want a little extra adjustable support.

4. I was going to save this one until I could draw a diagram...but we'll try it without.  We've all used a travel mug, right?  My original idea was to make one that's segmented so you could put two different liquids in it or freeze water in one half so it'd keep the liquid in the other half cold.  But I've improved it!  Imagine your basic travel mug with a screw-in test tube (with its own lid) that gets inserted in the middle. You can freeze water in the test tube and keep your beverage cold without diluting it OR (heh heh heh) you can put a little rum/vodka/whatever in the test tube and use it to spike your beverage. 

5. Glow in the dark pacifiers.  Do you know how hard it is to find those suckers in the middle of the night? You don't want to turn the light on because it might wake up the baby...but you can't find the pacifier any other way.  Trust me on this one.  Big seller.

6. Have you heard all the hubub about how the phone companies are running out of phone numbers?  It's no wonder with people ditching their land lines in favor of cell phones. A typical family went from one number to four or five.  What I propose is cell phone companies come out with a REAL family plan.  ONE phone number and each cell phone is a different extension on that main number. Gramma calls the one number and if she doesn't specify an extension, all cells would ring and she can chat with whomever picks up first. 

7. I would love an electric lap blanket for the car.  When we travel, hubs is always way warmer than I am, so turns the heat off because he's sweating while I'm still chilly.  This would be an oversized heating pad or undersized electric blanket that I could plug into the car's cigarette lighter.  PLEASE, someone make this for me!

8. This might seem silly, but there for awhile there, my kids loved cereal with marshmallows.  I don't know if you've ever tried to eat marshmallow cereal, but it's more like candy than soft, puffy marshmallows. ANYHOW, 'kid' cereals are more expensive so my idea was to buy the stinking candy/marshmallows separately. I could toss a few in their bowl of generic Cheerios and we'd all be happy.  Apparently no one sells them though.  Hohum.

9. I would love it if radio stations would invite *regular* people in on say Sunday evenings and the station would play whatever music they wanted.  There's a lot of great music out there that is NEVER getting airtime.  Real potential here...do any of you happen to own a radio station?


10. I haven't mentioned Craig Niedermaier of Chicago in a while.  And since I only had nine items for my list this time, I thought I'd make him #10. I would very much like to hear from the elusive Craig Niedermaier.  Craig, if you are you out there, email me at MissVSpeaks(at) gmail (dot) com.

That concludes this edition of Things I'd Love to See.

20 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

Okay.. wow... you really have been thinking about these huh?? ;p I agree with 3,5 & 6 - great ideas! A couple of the others must be american (marshmallow cereal?? Hamburger what?)

Oh and number 10 - there is a lot of good music we're missing out on! :)

The Arrival, only .99c on Amazon/Smashwords
www.damselinadirtydress.com

SAMUEL PARK said...

Oh my gosh, there are so many good ideas here I don't even know where to start. Maybe the glow in the dark pacifiers? Or letting regular folks program radio stations? Actually, I like the idea of having a whole network online the best. I'd be happy to sit through all the same commercials so they don't lose any advertising $. Vicki, I suspect you could get very rich marketing some of the ideas here!

puffalump said...

#9. Our local rock station does just that one day a week over the lunch hour.

aspiring_x said...

wow! those are a lot of great ideas! and hilarious! :)

Jules said...

LOL, pump-up bras. I envisioned some poor bloke in a bra trying to explain the sudden deflation :)

As to #4&7, they do make these. The travel mug has ears though. I found one for my granny in Wal-Mart and I'm sure that is where my Mom got her car plug-in blanket.

If you get a hit on a radio station owner I'd like to sign up for a Sunday. Exactly why I listen to NPR :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jules said...

ROFL, that is suppose to read "A bloke in a BAR." If he is in a bra he has more problems than deflation. :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe you could freeze-dry or dehydrate your own mini marshmellows?

Janet Johnson said...

So I actually have a water bottle with one of those "test tubes" as you call them. Honestly, they don't work all that well. But I thought it was a cool idea when I bought it.

And frankly, I find that lucky charms go on sale often and are thus a lot cheaper than cheerios (though back in the day *wink wink* when I was a kid, Lucky charms and sweetened cereals were more expensive . . . now healthy cereal is more expensive. Go figure).

But I think your bra idea is brilliant! :D

KarenG said...

You are a creative genius, if you were married to an inventor or engineer the two of you would be very wealthy. The glow in the dark pacifier?? And electric lap blanket? You're right, they are brilliant and can't believe they haven't been invented yet! I have a son who decided that paper grocery sacks needed handles and so for his school invention fair he took a paper grocery sack and improvised handles for it. Of course the judges said it was a stupid idea and could never work. Two years later all the grocery stores around here were using paper sacks with handles.

Mary Vaughn said...

The travel mug is available -- sadly without the rum/vodka. Although I'm thinking of giving it a *shot*.

Bish Denham said...

An electric car blanket. Great idea!

LTM said...

omg, Vicki. You are so dang funny... LOL!!! :D that part about the pump up sneakers made me think of Austin Powers... xoxo

L.A. Colvin said...

I'd like to see someone take out the coke vending machine at work and put in a margurita vending machine. Probably wouldn't get much done but I bet we'd all be happier about it. Love the bra idea and the hamburger helper one. I have the travel mug too and its ok.

Justine Dell said...

Whoa. You are brillant! I love #1!! I so want that! And I would SOOO pay for that!!!

Oh, as for number 4. It already exist. If I can find the bottle I have at home, I'll send you a pic. Tube in the middle and all. ;-)

~JD

The Golden Eagle said...

Great ideas here! :D

Clarissa Draper said...

Not all of these apply to me but I think they're great ideas, especially 3 and 7.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You are a freaking genius! I WANT #2, #7, and #8 most of all. :-)

Shannon said...

This list rocks. Seriously. WANT!!! You need to start marketing these! Esp #1.

Julie Musil said...

Glowing pacifiers is brilliant! And the pump up bras I could swear I've seen a movie. Really, you could be rich!

lbdiamond said...

LOL, yes!

I wish networks did post episodes online...

I love Hamburger Helper.