Join the Madness

Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Kid Talk

Cody:  Who is the antagonist on Dora the Explorer?
Me: That would be Swiper the Fox.
Cody: Who is Swiper the Fox?
Me: He's the antagonist, that sneaky fox is always trying to swipe our stuff!
(I passed!) 

********

I'm inadvertently humming along to Coldplay in the car.  Irritated daughterling #1 grunts under her breath.  After the third grunt, I chuckle.
C: It bugs me when people hum, whistle, or sing.
Me: But they're singing (*points to radio*)...
C: Yes.  But that is their job
*another bar or two escapes*
C: It is not your job to sing, Mother.  You are not a professional.

********

Cody is playing a video game and it's not going well.  I can hear him grunting and groaning.  Finally I hear him yell, "That's it!  I'm switching to GEICO!"

********

Cody: I don't like to travel in live action cars or trucks.

********

C: Where does an angler fish live?
Me: Way down in the deeeep daaaark part of the ocean
C: It's called an abyss.
(I failed)

********

C: Do you know how many times the little Pixar lamp jumps on the I before it squishes flat?
Me: Uh, no.  How many times does he jump?
C: Five

********

I'm not above bribing my children to do things they're supposed to but for whatever reason are reluctant to do.  

I recently offered Cody a chance to watch a DVD in exchange for tooth brushing. 

After complying, he sat on floor and wailed, "I want my plaque back"

********

Working with Cody on homework. He had to take a list of words and rewrite their plural by adding s or es.  One of the words was glass.  He REFUSED to write the a-s-s part.  So he wrote g-l and I wrote the -a-s-s- and he wrote the e-s.  End result?  The ass was glaringly obvious!

********

Kiersten:  "I'm the Wicked Witch of the Left"  It makes sense if you think West is usually on the left side of the map...

********

"Mom, could you help me find my assistant?  His name is Zunior, he's small, and he's a black and white puppy."


********

Coders recently ran through the house asking everyone if they knew any American Americans.  I wasn't quite sure what he meant.  

Me: What is an American American?
C: I am!

Seems the poor thing got a little confused with all the talk of Native Americans, Asian Americans, African Americans, etc.  He thought that made him an American American.  I can't argue with that logic, can you?

8 comments:

Al said...

The wisdom of children

loveable_homebody said...

Ha ha it sounds like you've got two little comedians on your hands. Nice post!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh my gosh, they are a crack up!

Clarissa Draper said...

I love the third story. Advertising does work!

Jules said...

LOL, I love the American American. Happy hiatus :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

LTM said...

Kids are so hilarious. And I totally *snorted* at Daughter #1. She cracks me up...

uhh... sorry. :o| <3

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Kids never cease to amuse. Liked the Geico one!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're writing all this down. These are priceless! (from your big sister Lynnie)