Join the Madness

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mock Me Monday - The Donut

I have a confession to make I have a particular weakness for Little Debbie treats.  The Nutty Bars are my absolute favorite -- how can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter?  
 


Second up, though, are the Donut Sticks.  I know they don't look like much but YUM.


It just so happens we had ourselves a box in the house recently.  Hubs got them for the kids because sometimes mornings are hectic and we need to shove something in their hands as they're running out the door.


I don't think he knows about my Little Debbie affliction.


Anyway, it was early, I'd made my first pass through the kids' rooms to wake them up, but they weren't actually moving yet.


Little Debbie called to me.


I opened the cupboard, ostensibly to see what I could find to feed the kids.  Wouldn't you know it was the Little Debbie cupboard.


And I was unchaperoned.


Before I even knew what I was doing, I had a coveted Donut Stick in my hand.  Ohhh yummy glazed goodness was just one plastic wrapper away.


I casually strolled over to the garbage.  I was gonna do this right!  I'd open it, toss the plastic wrapper in the garbage (hmmmm...I wonder if that's recyclable?), and then shove that puppy in my mouth before anyone could witness my fall from grace.


I pulled the little plastic flap back.  By far the best way to open anything in a package like this. The contents are exposed lengthwise for easy grasping (or gorging).

My mouth WATERED as I fiddled with the wrapper.  I hadn't had a Donut Stick in years, I couldn't wait to indulge.


I made one slight miscalculation, though. As luck would have it, plastic can be quite slippery and my coveted Donut Stick slipped right out of my hand and into the garbage.


Luckily, there happened to be a plastic grocery sack right on top (we usually reuse them, so I'm not sure why this one was in the garbage, but it really doesn't matter for this story.) UNluckily, however, my precious breakfast did not land on the plastic sack, it fell right into the muckity muck.  The "ewwww" part of the can.


NO, I did not retrieve it.  (If it had landed on top, MAYBE.  I'm no George Castanza, though, so odds are 70-30 in favor of me letting it stay in the can) 

I took it as a personal sign from God that I should not be sneaking Donut Sticks to begin with.  Sometimes I wish He didn't love me so stinking much.  That Donut Stick would've really hit the spot.

12 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

*lol* so been there and done that before!!

The Arrival, only .99c on Amazon
www.damselinadirtydress.com

Al said...

It's okay to be naughty some times. Go and buy another!

Kristi said...

LOL!!!!! I thought for sure it was going to hit the platic bac and be "saved"!

Have I mentioned how your stories MAKE my morning??? Mondays that start with a laugh are a little less rough I think. So, thank you! ;)

DL Hammons said...

Hey Vicki! There's a surprise waiting for you on my blog today! :)

aspiring_x said...

ohmygoodness!!!! i was so scared that you were going to retrieve it out of the ewww section!!!! like a true little debbie junkie!!but you let it go!!! whoo hoo!!!! whew!

Clarissa Draper said...

Rookie mistake! Next time do it over the countertop. I have a weakness for donuts and chocolate as well. Well, maybe your hips are thanking you.

Jen Daiker said...

Oh dear!!! I love donut sticks! Delish!!

LTM said...

LOL! OMG, Vicki. You so funny. I grew up on LDs, but my mom used to put nutty bars in our lunches every day. So I'm sick of those... My fave were those Star ones--the ones like chocolate and krispies???

Here residents call them "Debbie Cakes" w/a very STRONG south-Ala accent. Took me forever to figure out what they were talking about~ :D

Lindsay said...

LOL. You have more willpower than me, I'd have opened another one. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He got you all right!

Ann said...

I just hate those signs from the Gods!

alexia said...

Oh, sad! You are strong. I would've just gone and gotten another one. Nothing can really stop me when I've decided to blitz out on sugar.