Join the Madness

Monday, February 14, 2011

Conference anyone?

It's official! I have signed up for my first-ever conference!  

I'm going to the Missouri Writer's Guild 2011 Just Write Conference in St. Louis April 8-10th.

I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.  If anyone is planning on attending, give me a shout (MissVSpeaks (at) gmail (dot) com) and maybe we can brave the waters together?

On another note, I'm kicking my writing into high gear because I really want to have at least my first draft finished by the time I go, so if you thought my blogosphere presence was scarce before, you will now doubt my very existence.  

I do have about 3 weeks of posts already written and scheduled -- so at least my ghost will be around to amuse you.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Congrats on registering! I love writer's conferences...wish I could join you at this one...

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! i hope you get all that writing done before you gotta go at that conference. yike! youre gonna be a ghost! im still gonna take a chance and come at your blog.
happy valentines day!
...hugs from lenny

Bish Denham said...

I'm sure you'll have fun and learn a lot.

aspiring_x said...

when you come back you have to tell us ALL about it, ok?!?! now stop reading your comments and get to writing funny lady!

Lindsay said...

Yay! Congrats on taking the conference plunge. Looking forward to hearing about it :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations!

I look forward to finding out what it was like. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Lydia K said...

Have fun at that conference. And good luck with your writing!

Janet Johnson said...

Congratulations! I know some cool people from KC who sometimes pop over there. I've heard it's a good conference. Hope you have an awesome time, and best of luck with the writing!

Carolyn V said...

Woo hooo!!! I hope you have a great time! I'm going to one this week, so you won't hear much from me. Have a great time!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

conferences are so much fun. You'll have lots to blog about when you get back.

Mary Vaughn said...

Although the ghost is not the same, will enjoy him/her until you return with all the gossip of the conference and the news of you agent.

Dan said...

Good for you! I looked into that conference because I was going to go and it looked really good. Have your book as done and revised as you can, because I think you can set up pitch sessions with agents. Good luck!

Shannon said...

So happy to hear this news! I'm excited for you! Wish I could join ya! Go Vicki go!