Join the Madness

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bernard Pivot Blogfest

Today is The Bernard Pivot Blogfest in celebration of the fabulous Nicole Ducleroir surpassing 500 followers. It's easy to play along, just hop over to her blog HERE and sign up, then answer the questions below.


Thanks for hosting, Nicole!  I'm looking forward to reading everyone's answers.




What is your favorite word?
I don't really have one.  It changes all the time.


What is your least favorite word?
There are lots of words I think are ugly like deodorant and zit and pregnant (please note, it is the random collection of letters I'm objecting to, not the thing/state it represents)

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Creatively: Humor.  It's everywhere, and nothing gets the wheels turning faster than witnessing some odd behavior that makes me wonder what on earth they were thinking.
Spiritually: Beauty.  Either in the scenery or in human's behavior with one another.
Emotionally: All of the above.  I'm a sucker for the sentimental, too.

What turns you off?
Anger, hypocrisy, injustice, taking advantage of others.

What is your favorite curse word?
I say damn and $hit more often than I should with three children in the house.

What sound or noise do you love?
EASY.  The sound of a child laughing.


What sound or noise do you hate?
The alarm clock? Just kidding, I usually wake up before it goes off.  I'd say I hate the sound of arguing. Or really loud engines (lawn mower, motorcycle, etc) when I'm trying to have a peaceful moment.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Taking writing off the table, that's just too obvious.  I'd like to have a used bookstore or a mini-mall for crafters and artists.


What profession would you not like to do?
Any profession that would have me outside when the weather sucks.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I'd like him to say, "I've missed you!" or maybe, "Great job!" Or else he could tell me a really good joke.

35 comments:

Jennifer Hillier said...

The alarm clock really is a horrible sound! I'll turn my off 2 minutes early if I happen to wake up just to avoid hearing it. Great answers!

Al said...

Interesting answers. I think the last question is the hardest.

Her highness, Samantha Vérant said...

Hey, I'm new here and a fellow blogfester! ***hi***
Loud noises that wreck my sleep or quiet moments bother me too!

Jessica Bell said...

Tsk tsk, swearing in front of your kids ;o)

Mary Vaughn said...

You were honest for sure. These answers are so you!

Jen Daiker said...

Arguing, yes add that to my list!!!

I, too would love to hear a good joke up at the pearly gates. Not everyone can say they'll have had that experience!!!

Leave it to you to be super honest. I love it. I feel like I'm in the circle of trust.

Shannon said...

Yeah, I'm with ya on the alarm clock. I hate that evil bugger!

Great answers!

salarsenッ said...

I'd love to own a used bookstore. Old pages surrounding me, the smell of stale ink, and those bindings....I'm in agreement with you, here.

Angela Felsted said...

You think pregnant is ugly? You mean, you don't believe women have a beautiful unearthly glow when they're pregnant? Or is that called perspiration?

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

eww on zit, for sure.
And I almost added laughter to mine as well, because that's always fun!

L.A. Colvin said...

I'm the same way with the collection of letters. Great answers.

DL Hammons said...

We are soooo much alike....it's scary!! :)

Candyland said...

I hate the word ZIT. It just sounds gross.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I swear in front of my kids too *blush* Their response, in unison, is always, "LANGUAGE check!"

Loved reading your answers. Thanks for playing along!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! cool answers! me and you are the same on laughter but i didnt say it in my answers. and that alarm clock! ack! i even did a post one time on that. my mom used to call it the devils own invention. ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

Lynn said...

Lawn mowers are irritating! When will they make sound mufflers for them, or maybe make everyone use push mowers? (although that click-click sound could get irritating too) A child's laughter--sigh-always a beautiful sound.

Carolyn Abiad said...

Owning any kind of bookstore is top of my list, but I love libraries too.

Jules said...

Alarm clocks don't bother me, I'm an alarm clock destroyer :) The artist/crafters mall sounds cool, oh lets do it :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jen Chandler said...

I can totally imagine God telling a knock-knock joke before opening the gates :D
Great answers!

Cheers,
Jen

Ann said...

A good joke, a nice one! This blogfest is reminding me of all the sounds I don't like. An alarm clock....hate that and always in the middle of a great dream!

LTM said...

Lawn Mower!!! Yes. And I'd say alarm clock, too, but I'm like you. Also the sh!t comes flying out of my mouth too much. Usually along the lines of this: 'Sh!t! Oh, sh!t, I'm sorry I said that." I actually dropped the S-bomb at the dinner table the very first night I met JRM's parents. Luckily for me, his mom snorted... :D <3

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, I love your answers. I DID say alarm clock and I totally meant it. LOL. :-)

Michelle Gregory said...

love your answers. i know i swear way too much, and i have kids in the house too.

Bethany Mattingly said...

Great answers. :)

Jolene Perry said...

I'm sure you'll get your joke. God has to have a sense of humor, right?

Kari Marie said...

Owning a bookstore would be fun. I would have to hire lots of employees though so I could sit in my office and read.

Lola Sharp said...

Oh, I hate the sound of an alarm clock.

I think we say $h*t BECAUSE we have kids in the house. ;)

Lov you answers, Vicki.

Hugs,
Lola

J.L. Campbell said...

Childrens' laughter is always sweet to the ear.
I'd be in heaven if I found work in any kind of book store.

Lydia K said...

Oh, I'm very anti-outdoor-bad-weather. Totally with you on that one. I like how you used the $ for your cuss word. It looks...richer like that.
;)

Mason Canyon said...

Owning a used book store would be neat. Love your responses.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Raquel Byrnes said...

Owning a used bookstore actually sounds really great. I think I'll steal that one. =)

Kristin Rae said...

ooo i'd loooove to own a bookstore!!! and can i have a booth at your craft mall?!?!?! :)

Lindz said...

I like the idea of God telling you a joke. It's lighten up to atmosphere. Great answers!

Talli Roland said...

Zit is a terrible word, isn't it? I hate it! Wasn't this a fun blogfest? :)

Heather M. Gardner said...

I have seen so many great answers for careers! Used book store is so perfect!
Thanks for sharing your answers.