Join the Madness

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

WINNERS!

There's only one thing I didn't like about the Eye Candy Blogfest this weekend.  That was trying to decide who posted my favorite picture so I could award a prize. 

It was tough going, friends. 

There was a little bit of everything offered up for our viewing pleasure.  Family snapshots, landscapes, beefcakes and (what's the female equivalent of a beefcake?).  In short, there were a lot of great pictures and just when I thought I found a favorite, I'd move on to the next blog and change my mind.

I'm a Libra, you know. Changing my mind is what I do best...because making it up is something I only do when I'm forced into a corner.

I promised a prize, though so I there was no skirting the issue. A winner must be selected.

After much hemming and hawing. After considerable head scratching and yelping, I've picked a winner.

Drumroll please

The winner of the First (annual?) Eye Candy Blogfest is......



He posted this picture that made me bust out laughing. 





Reid, give me a holler and we'll discuss your prize package!  MissVSpeaks(at)gmail(dot)com.

But WAIT!!!

That's not all, folks!

I also need to declare a winner from the introduce-yourself-to-Peter-McKay contest from last week. I've put up a permanent link to his site over there in the sidebar.  See it?  The superhero?  Click on him whenever you need a dose of funny in your life and through the magic of URL linkage, you'll be instantly transported to his site.  

But I digress...

You wanna know who the other winner is, right?

SECOND DRUMROLL PLEASE....


And the winner is.....


(cue the confetti and balloon drop)


So, Nicole you'll get a copy of Peter McKay's Dirty Dog or Welcome to the Nuthouse.  Let me know which one you prefer!


Tomorrow, friends, I am discussing another problem with my pants.  Seems to be a bit of a theme around here lately.

Problem #1
Problem #2
Problem #3

19 comments:

Donea Lee said...

Congrats to the winners! Yeah, that is definitely a winning pic ~ :)

Meghan Schuessler said...

That's an awesome pic!

Sorry to hear about all your pant problems tho ;-)

Mary Vaughn said...

Congrats to the winners! That Star Wars picture cracked me up as well.

Kristi said...

Yay...that picture cracked me up too!!!

Congrats to all the winners!

Jules said...

Congrats to the winners, I'll never see a Wal-Mart greeter the same again. :)

Lord, now what is it with those pants? Am I going to spit coffee out my nose again? :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Marian Allen said...

Congratulations to the winners! The photo was well chosen, Young Skywalker.

The female of beefcake is cheesecake. I'm not making that up.

Thank you for a wonderful introduction to the world of blog festing. Alex has been trying to talk me up to it, but I hadn't yet taken the plunge. :)

Marian Allen

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Whoo-hoo!!! Thanks for the awesome news! (And for sharing that hilarious Wal-mart pic again. Too funny!)

Emailing you now...!
((hugs))

aspiring_x said...

congrats to the winners! that star wars one was such a gem! and all the captions! :)

Clarissa Draper said...

Yay! Congrats to the winners. I didn't even know the blogfest was a contest.

CD

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha ha! That is one fine eye candy pic! :-)

Carolyn V. said...

Congrats Reid and Nicole! That picture rocks! I was laughing so much I almost slipped off my chair!

Chris Phillips said...

Wow. That picture is phenomenal. C-3p0 needs a roll of the smiley face stickers to complete the composition.

Dawn said...

LOVE the pic! Great selection for the winning prize.

Janet Johnson said...

Love the picture! My boys would be in heaven if those two really worked there. :)

Congrats to all your winners!

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations to the winners! I love the picture. :)

Nicole MacDonald said...

I do love the winner's pic - very *lol* :)

The Arrival, on Amazon NOW!
www.damselinadirtydress.com

Theresa Milstein said...

That is a GREAT photo. No wonder it won.

And congratulations to Nicole!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Reid's picture was awesome!

Hannah Kincade said...

OMG, Reid's picture is hilarious and priceless! I'm sorry I missed this one but I was so busy with hosting my own blogfest. Sounds like a good time.