Join the Madness

Monday, January 24, 2011

Top 10 Music Blogfest

Thanks to Alex for organizing this blogfest.  Last time I looked, there were over 100 participants...you're SOOOO going to need the list so I'm gonna be nice and put a link back right up top -- HERE -- to  be precise


I imposed a rule on myself when selecting songs for this list. I limited myself to just one song per band/artist.  Otherwise you'd see about 40 songs on  here from 2 bands.  

Without further ado and in no particular order:



Somebody 
Depeche Mode


I copied the lyrics down and had it on my bedroom wall, in my locker, and inside just about every notebook cover I owned from 8th grade through my senior year.






I Turn My Camera On 
Rock Kills Kid

I can't say I've ever heard another song by this band, but I LOVE this one.














The Crawl 
Spirit of the West

I gotta thank Pandora for introducing me to this one.  LOVE it. I'd love to see them live. I bet it's a good time.















Hands All Over
Maroon 5

I could have put more than a dozen of their songs, but we'll stick with one from their current album...and look! Eye candy for the guys -->















Evermore 
Young Dubliners

Another Pandora find. *sigh* Love this one so so much.














Large Dark Aardvark Song 
Allen Sherman

I remember listening to this as a kid.  It always made me laugh and probably says a lot about my sense of humor.  I tried to find a link on Youtube to share, but couldn't find one.  









Follow Me 
Uncle Kracker

Never thought I was an Uncle Kracker fan but it turns out I like several of their songs.  This is at the top of that list.















Peter Pumpkinhead 
XTC

Ahhhh, this one takes me back to Vegas and dating hubbers.  I ALWAYS crank this one up so no one can hear me singing along.













9 in the Afternoon
Panic! At the Disco

Daughterling added a few songs to my MP3 cuz I was getting sick of the ones I had.  This was one of the treasures.
















Breakdown
Jack Johnson

I discovered Jack Johnson on Pandora, too. I love so many of his songs. GREAT voice.  *swoon*















Everything You Want
 Vertical Horizon

It's just love love love here.














I think "extremely eclectic" is the only way to sum my list up.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see how many of your lists I can get to today.

41 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

An interesting mix of great songs.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Stephanie Thornton said...

Diverse list!

I really like Jack Johnson too- he's got some great lyrics!

salarsenッ said...

Yeah, love Evermore. There's a few I'm not sure of. Have to check them out.

Great list1

Bish Denham said...

I'm discovering how very dated I am!

Jessica Bell said...

Oh man, I've only heard of Depeche Mode in this list!

Christine Danek said...

Great songs. Somebody by Depeche Mode is one of my favorites.

Shannon said...

Great list of songs, Vicki! Bummed that I missed this blogfest. =(

Clarissa Draper said...

I love Vertical Horizon. I recently got their albums. Super list.

aspiring_x said...

eeks! the only song on that list i've heard is follow me (i can't believe i know an uncle kracker song!!!) but my youngest loves that song so much! he can sing every word- which makes the song SO MUCH BETTER! i love his little voice! :)

Jules said...

Some of these groups I will have to check out but Maroon 5 and Jack Johnson? Have everything they have done :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Tara said...

I had Depeche Mode in my head, but they didn't make the cut. Love XTC!

What a great list. I'm going to check out a couple I didn't know!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Okay, I don't know most of these. :(

I'm on a major fail this morning when it comes to this blogfest.

iZombie said...

great variety of things i have never heard of... only a few... your ears are special.
what a great selection of music

jeremy
[iZombie]

Jamie Burch said...

Great mix!

Stephen Tremp said...

I haven't heard of any of thse bands except for Depeche Mode. But that's what makes these Blogfests so much fun. Enjoy your music!

Ellie said...

A fabulous mix of songs - some I know and some I want to discover. I only recently discovered Jack Johnson and yeah, swoon away!

My Top Ten Songs

Carolyn V. said...

Oh my gosh! I love so many that you have down. The others I will have to check out! =) Great list Vicki! =D

LTM said...

Depeche Mode!!! whoot!

and everyone keeps telling me I must try Panic! I never have. But I love their outfits~ :D <3

Nicki Elson said...

I think this is my favorite list so far! #1 because it lists some bands/performers that I really, really like sooo #2 I have a feeling I'll find new songs here that I'll like.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Great List. I know most of these. I love "Follow Me" and a lot of Maroon 5's stuff.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It is a variety! Pandora is great for finding new tunes. Thanks for participating Vicki!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Very eclectic, but that's good :D I love Panic at the disco. :)

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! You have have a wide range of songs here. Right now I'm slapping myself wondering how and/or why I have no Depeche Mode on my list.
Allan Sherman? That's so funny! It couldn't have been more than a week ago that I had "hello muddah, hello faddah, here I am at camp granada" stuck in my head...

VR Barkowski said...

Uh oh, I'm only familiar with half of these artists and recognized just one of the songs. Must make time for more musical exploration!

M Pax said...

Wow, XTC takes me back. What a great band. Have many of your selections in my music collection.

Lydia K said...

I love that "Somebody" is on here! Great song!

Budd said...

i am only familiar with unkle kracker.

Hannah Kincade said...

Jack Johnson is fantastic. I've been a fan since the beginning and when I saw his first video, I said to one of my guy friends, "It's so cool that he got some really hot model guy to do his video." My friend looked at me really strangely, "That's him." Me: "uh...uh..." *drool* The End.

DEZMOND said...

I do love me some Maroon5 :)

Jennie Bailey said...

What a fun list! Particularly fond of Evermore myself!

Elaine AM Smith said...

I can enjoy singing along with Maroon 5 and Panic is a great band too.

Jemi Fraser said...

Eclectic is awesome! :)

Love that Uncle Kracker song too!

Lola Sharp said...

LOVE your list, Vicki. You know I LOVE Depeche Mode...we've always had that in common. And I too love XTC...they take me back to making plans for Nigel. ;)
I love Jack Johnson. My daughter (15) LOVES Panic at the Disco...I think they're a little poppy, but I like them.
I too love my Pandora stations...and my XM sat. radio in my car...love finding new music. :)

Have a lovely week, V!
Hugs,
Lola

L. Diane Wolfe said...

One of my foster daughters LOVED Panic at the Disco!

Arlee Bird said...

Not real familiar with most of these, but Vertical Horizon does some great music and I have nearly all of Depeche Mode's albums.

Lee
Make sure you check my Wednesday post!

Tossing It Out

Jolene Perry said...

Wow. You listen to good music. Not that I'm surprised, AND you've given me a few to check out...
That's always good.

Melissa Bradley said...

Great music. Anyone who has Uncle Kracker, Maroon 5 and Depeche Mode on the same list rules. :)

Jamie (Mithril Wisdom) said...

Great choices with Kracker and Panic! I'll have to take a look at some of the others too :) Thanks for the list :D

Trisha said...

Nice list, I am learning about a few new songs thanks to this :D

DiscConnected said...

Nice, diverse list-I thought I was the only person who had ever heard of Vertical Horizon!

Larry

Deniz Bevan said...

Depeche Mode and Spirit of the West, yay! Thought you might like this http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2010/04/favourite-childrens-books-vince.html