Join the Madness

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another Award

This IS a record, my friends.  I received this beee-oooo-teee-ful award from the gracious and talented Angela Felsted a mere five days ago. I make no promises to keep this re-posting pace up throughout the year, but we'll just take it one month / award at a time, k?

If you've not had the pleasure of meeting Angela at My Poetry & Prose Place, do yourselves a favor and click on over.  You can find a bit of of everything over there. My favorites are the Dictionary of Bio-Signs, but there's poetry, contests, and other fun and informational posts.

I'm supposed to share seven things about me.  Lemme think...
  • I have a really bad habit of crossing my ankles. I do it all the time (even when I'm asleep), to the point I worry I'm going to cut the circulation off in my feet.
  • I have an oval birthmark on my arm, but I forget it's there.
  • I shave said birthmark because the hair grows in thicker and longer.  It's like a patch of fur. Or it used to be. I haven't let it grow in so long I really don't know anymore.
  • My bedroom walls are orange.  Random enough?
  • When I was a teenager, I read a book about astral projection (fiction) and thought it was the coolest thing, so I tried to do it for months afterward.
  • I don't drink coffee or tea or beer.  Mostly a water/milk/soda girl.
  • Speaking of which, do you remember Laverne & Shirley (did I just date myself?) I put milk in my Pepsi just like Laverne and it wasn't awful!  It tastes a little bit like an ice cream float. I haven't done this since I was a teen, though.

Now, I'm supposed to pass this off to fifteen people....but (mournful sigh) how do I do that?  Sure I've got enough blogger buds to choose from but inevitably a lot of ya are going to get left out and I don't want to do that to anyone. So let's be completely random.  If you have NOT eaten breakfast yet today, this award is yours.  Enjoy. (and go eat something, would ya?)

7 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Does bring back memories. There was a craze over here to put ice cream in coke, but maybe that is something else. Anyway, I loved it, and thanks for the memories and the other interesting details. Loved them.

Clarissa Draper said...

Wow, interesting about the mole. Didn't know hair grew in like that. Not sure I wanted to know hair grew in like that...

Anyway, congrats!

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the award. Always fun learning more about you.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Jules said...

I love the patch of fur idea, my sister has a similar birthmark. :)

Funny, I'm eating breakfast right now :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I remember Laverne and Shirley, which means you are definitely not old!
Congratulations on the award.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

No coffee or tea? I read a statistic once that said nearly 50% of Americans have soda for breakfast.

Bish Denham said...

Orange walls? Wow! (I don't drink coffee or tea either, not because I don't want to but because I'm not supposed to.)