Join the Madness

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WINNER announced -- And a funny or two

Okay, I kept you in suspense long enough.  

Last Thursday, I received an email from Peter McKay.  It blew me out of the water.  I seriously thought the Niedermaier v. McKay battle would last at least a FEW weeks.  Is he on top of his game or what? 

Anyway, that means I owe somebody a couple of books.  Here's the list who signed up for Team McKay:

Mary Vaughn
Jules Ausborn
Susan Fields
Shannon McMahon

(These signed up after I knew the winner...but since I hadn't told anyone, I'm going to let hem in)

Meghan Schuessler
Creepy Query Girl
Lydia Kang
Janet Johnson


So there are eight entries.  Random.org says the lucky winner is....#5

Also known as

Meghan Schuessler!!!

Meghan, you'll get a copy of either Dirty Dog or Welcome to the Nuthouse and a book of your choice.  Email me your preferences at MissVSpeaks(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll take care of the rest.

A thousand thanks to Peter for being a good sport with all of this. (let's hope Niedermaier has an equally fabulous sense of humor)  Speaking of humor, today is Tuesday.  Do you know what that means?  There's a brand new column up, of course.  You can read it on Yahoo HERE or on his site HERE



And if that's not enough linkage for you, consider the following a public service announcement for all of you finishing your holiday shopping.

16 comments:

Angela Ackerman said...

Congrats!

Angela @ the Bookshelf Muse

Meghan Schuessler said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeee! Thanks Vicki, and thanks Peter! =P

P.S. So what did Peter say in his email?

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Congrats, Meghan! Happy holidays, Vicki. Loved those hideous gift pix!!

Candyland said...

Oooh congrats winners:) You're about as nutty as I am re: Brady. But that's why I love you!

aspiring_x said...

congrats meghan!!!
and i'm curious what mckay said too!
that guy works fast! :)

Mary Vaughn said...

Congratulations, Meghan!

Ok Vick, so where's the full report? You can't say you heard from McKay and end it there. You are such a tease.

Santa skips naughty, right? :o)

Angela Felsted said...

Congratulations winners!

Talli Roland said...

Woooo! Congrats to the winners!

Ann said...

Go leor de bualadh bos do na buaiteoiri!
(lots of clapping for the winners)

Jen Daiker said...

Congrats to the winner! Seeing Jules Ausborn up there confused me, then I realized who it was... DOH! I'm a dork.

Chris Phillips said...

Congrats to Meghan!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool! Congratulation to Maghan.

Jackee said...

Congrats to Meghan! And thanks for the links, Vicki. Love the whydidyoubuymethat. :o) The Hoff, a mullet, and puppies... what a combination!

Merry Christmas!

Peter Mckay said...

Dear Vicki:

Thanks for all the comments, and congrats to Meghan. I hope she enjoys the book. Your buying one has actually doubled my sales for the month! As far as Niedermaier is concerned, he clearly didn't want this enough to respond. If he had won, I'd be really bummed out, given that I'm pretty sure he's a figment of your imagination!

Thanks again,

Peter McKay

aspiring_x said...

WHOAH!!! The McKay gent is hilarious, even in comment form!!!! how cool is that!!!!!
:)
((i bet you're totally fan-girling right now aren't you vicki!))
:)

Vicki Rocho said...

aspiring_x-- Haha! You heard my squeal from way down there, didn't you?

Hey, Peter--can you be bribed? What will it take to talk you into a Q&A over here? Begging & pleading? Outrageous flattery? Shameless book/column plugging? Unflattering/humiliating stunts? Name your price!