Join the Madness

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Royal Pain in the Butt

Shannon The Magnificent has a new excerpt up to be critiqued. Here's a quick link.  

And now down to business:

Go ahead and click on the link below.  It's a story about how/why the Queen's underwear is going up for auction.  




Yes, that would be the Queen of England.  Someone is going to sell her underwear.

I can't help but wonder if Her Majesty gave her underwear away 40 years ago, or if someone rummaged through the laundry or trash bins, or how exactly some stranger came to possess a pair of the Queen's knickers.  

The story says the man in question got them from a "playboy".  Hmmm.

And WHY (oh Dear God WHY) would anyone hold on to someone ELSE'S underwear for FORTY years?  So what if they did belong to the Queen?  EWWWW!

Okay, maybe I can understand a former lover holding on to them while the affair is still red-hot...but  F-O-R-T-Y years people.  I don't get it.

At all.

I also don't understand the MARKET for such an item.  Are people really going to pay money for this?  How do you prove they belonged to the Queen?  Did she autograph them?  Do they come with a certificate of authenticity?  

Bottom line, though--I feel bad for the Queen.  How would you like to have a story splashed all over the media about some loser trying to sell an old pair of your panties from 40 years ago? 

Forty years ago I was still in diapers, so I think I'm safe. hahaha.


*********************************************************
REMINDER:
EASIEST BLOGFEST AROUND
EYE CANDY BLOGFEST JANUARY 1
*********************************************************

Oh, and if you're Craig Niedermaier from Chicago... 
Click this to see what's going on

(You should notice how nice I was not to mention your name in the post above.  Google is eternal and I suspect you probably don't want to be associated forevermore with Her Majesty's Underwear Auction.  You can thank me in email:  MissVSpeaks(at)gmail(dot)com.)


And if you're NOT Craig Niedermaier, but you're amused by my quest, feel free to "borrow" the button above and help spread the word.

20 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

The Queen's knickers? That's really gross. He probably never washed them either and they've grown a bacterial that will wipe out mankind.

CD

N. R. Williams said...

I've heard that the Queen's husband used to mess around, maybe he is the playboy. Anyway, gross. I can just imagine a market for President Bush's undies being burned in, (you know which country) yeah, that one. Don't people have anything better to do? I guess not.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Jules Ausborn said...

Wow. What's sad is I bet there are several people who would want those knickers... can't wait to see what they sell for!!!

Last week on the radio they were seeing what someone would give up for a novel signed by Sarah Palin (a $20 novel...) a woman was willing to give away her $850 limited edition Coach tote, someone else was willing to giveaway their extra (who the hell has extra) 55inch flat screen TV they'd purchased six months ago.

Crazy!!!!

Jen/Jules
Unedited & Jules and the Stars

aspiring_x said...

kinky...
"you can thank me in..."
hahHAHAHHAhhaHAhA

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Some yahoo will buy them! Creepy.

Shannon said...

Shannon The Magnificent? Hrmm...can I adopt that title? =) Thanks for the shout out!

And yeah, the whole panties fetish thing is CREEPY!

Here's a story you'll love:
When I was 20, my roommate's boyfriend tried to talk me into a "business deal" where he would sell new panties I wore for a day to inmates. o.O Needless to say, I moved out the next month!

Amie B said...

i'm not really sure what to make of that...

forty years is a really long time to hold onto something...but that doesn't bother me as much as the weirdo who might actually purchase the 40 year old panties.

Janet Johnson said...

Wow. That is pretty . . . umm . . . interesting(?) about the underwear. Seriously, letter of authenticity is a good point. There's no proof! Annoying what some people will do for money. :D

Angela Felsted said...

Ewwww, underwear auction? I had not heard this. And no, I can't think of very many more humiliating things than having someone try to sell an old pair of your panties.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Ha! That's cute. I would very much love to own a pair of Her Majesty's knickers. Bragging rights, see. And of course, must say hello to your friend. Hey, Craig!

DL Hammons said...

I don't understand what's all the fuss about. But maybe that's because I'm a guy and wearing a pair of underwear for 40 years just seems... practical. :)

Carolyn V. said...

40 year old queen undies...ew. I guess people will try to sell anything. =)

Talli Roland said...

Dear Lord, why haven't I heard about this, and I live in London? Then again, I should be counting my blessings that I haven't heard about it! :)

LTM said...

so are you worried someone's going to turn up w/your knickers in 20 more years? One of those many fellas you blog about here??? ;p j/k <3

The Golden Eagle said...

Oh, dear . . . that's really strange.

Lydia Kang said...

Is this for real? So bizarre!

Raquel Byrnes said...

That. Was. Weird.
Liked the excerpt and excited for the blogfest.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Nicole MacDonald said...

Thank you! I was just as disturbed by this story - EWW! Why? I just don't get it.

BirthRight The Arrival, on Amazon 1.1.2011
www.damselinadirtydress.com

Jolene Perry said...

CRAIG NAIEDERMEIER!!

Okay. I've done my duty to your post.

Well, no one has a pair of my underwear but an ex-boyfriend used to have part of my name tattooed on his leg.

notesfromnadir said...

When I 1st saw the news on TMZ, along w/ the photo of the discolored knickers, I was more than surprised. Throw them out already!