Join the Madness

Monday, December 27, 2010

Mock Me Monday - Zac Efron can FLY!

I had another post lined up for today, but last night I had a strange dream so decided to reschedule things. 

I was in New York City.  The whole city was lit in tones of blue that morphed into purple and back to blue again.  GORGEOUS.

A woman (mid twenties) talked about the importance of deciphering the codes in the parade about to take place and how failure was not an option, blah blah blah. 

I was part of a super-secret, elite marketing group (ahem, this right here should be enough material for you to mock me for the next month) and we had to figure out what the competition was up to before they ruined our client's new product line.  A parade went by.  Some of the floats were HUMUNGOUS, but there didn't appear to be a theme or anything unusual about any of them.  

After the parade, the 7 or 8 of us went up to an apartment I shared with another girl on the 7th floor. It was a PIT.  There was a three-foot hole in our bathroom wall that looked into the living room of the apartment next door.  The floors were wood, but the finish had been worn off completely.  

Before we could discuss what clues we had unearthed from the parade, there was a commotion out in the streets.  There was a shark swimming in the gutters!  We ran down to see for ourselves and sure enough there was a shark about 5 feet long swimming around, jaws snapping.

Out of nowhere Zac Efron appears.  And then - OMG - he's FLYING.  He swooped down and grabbed the shark by his tail and zipped up into the sky.  But guess what? I can fly too!  So I zoomed up after him in time to witness him ripping his shirt off which somehow he used to muzzle the shark. He handed the shark to me and I flung it to the pavement below. It was kinda a bloody mess, I won't lie. 

This is a good time to mention a few important facts:
1-In real life, I don't think about Zac Efron AT ALL. I don't get what all the fuss is about. 
2-I was not myself in the dream.  I was a 20 something girl with long stick-straight, mouse-brown hair.
3-I can't fly, and am actually sorta afraid of heights.  And, finally
4-If I COULD fly, I don't think I would splatter a shark all over the city sidewalks...even if it ate someone.

Back to the dream...

Zac smiled at me.  His eyes were unbelievably blue and sliced right through me.  Oh, and he was still shirtless.  WHOA. I floundered a bit in mid-air.  He grabbed hold of my waist to steady me.  OMG, his hands were soooo warm.  I look down -- I'm wearing a mid-drift tank top. 
 
(Obviously I'm not myself.  There's no way in hell this body is going to wear any shirt unless the hem falls BELOW the waistband of my pants/shorts.)  

People in the street cheered the minute he touched me.  He snatched his hands away, and muttered something about not liking public performances.

My conscious mind took over then...An ewww, Zac Efron slipped in and I woke up before we could fly away from the prying eyes of the general public.

I came upstairs and told my family Zac Efron could fly and they looked at me like I was nuts...which of course I probably am.  For the record, I will NOT be starting any sort of "Hello Zac" campaign.  hahahaha

Can any of you fly in your dreams?  What would you do with the shark?

18 comments:

aspiring_x said...

hahahAHAHAHHA!!!!
i was totally thinking "ohno... here comes the next hello campaign!"
i can TOTALLY fly in some of my dreams, but it's only if i'm not thinking about it. as soon as i realize i'm flying in the dream, i start to fall. :)
i probably would have clubbed the shark to death with a ten-foot pole... then cut a few fillets... them's good eatin'! :)

Jen Daiker said...

Damn girl, your dreams are so vivid. I love it!! I'm very much impressed everytime I stop by here.

Aspring X has the right idea, club that shark to it's death!!!

I love to fly! If I didn't fly in dreams I'd be totally jealous!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

That's a pretty complex dream, and you have a really clear memory of it!

I sometimes dream about my characters -- I don't think I've ever dreamed anything useful enough to actually use in my writing, though. I am usually left in the morning with only impressions and feelings, not a whole plot line!

Jules said...

LOL, I don't think I fly but I have drove really fast :) as to the shark, I'd leave it in the gutter and charge admission :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Copyboy said...

Ugh hate waking up before the good stuff gets started. I have flown before. I think. BTW...made you new blog of the day.

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! i gotta tell you i dont know anyone thats got more stranger dreams then you! ha ha. you got a whole story in just one dream. for me i could fly in dreams but i didnt ever splatter a shark! ack! im wondering do you think craig neidermier is gonna be jealous of zac efron? ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

Mary Vaughn said...

As far as marbles, kiddo, yours are definitely scattered. No rolling, no direction, just scattered -- and I so love it!

notesfromnadir said...

Don't know about the shark or Zac Efron...all I could think about was the 3 foot hole in the bathroom wall. That kind of thing really bothers me!

The Golden Eagle said...

That's one strange dream! LOL.

I've dreamt of flying before . . . but then I always start sinking to the ground as I wake up.

LTM said...

it sounds to me like you're dreaming about Janet Reid and getting your book deal.

Maybe Zac's going to be your porcelain god in the movie version... :D lol! <3U

Jolene Perry said...

My husband is on a QUEST to fly in a dream, he has yet to succeed. I think he's made an block in his brain.

I would totally eat the shark. After it was cooked, of course.

Also, you're the only blogger where I wouldn't hit my little red X when they say, "I had this dream..."

You crack me up.

Jemi Fraser said...

I have lots of weird dreams, but I've never met Zac Efron in any of them! :)

Jamie Burch said...

That is so random! I love it! Hmmm...I've never flown in any of my dreams. At least, I don't remember. But I've done this thing where I walk on air. Isn't that a theme song? I would definitely ditch the shark as quickly as possible. Yikes!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You have the craziest dreams, Vicki! I think maybe you need to stop drinking red bulls before bed. LOL...

Jackee said...

HILARIOUS!! I'm with Sharon, I think you need to make some diet changes before bed. LOL!

Thanks for sharing--highly entertaining.

Carol Kilgore said...

Glad I'm not the only one with strange and vivid dreams. I don't recall ever dream flying, but it doesn't mean I haven't. Not a clue what I'd do with the shark.

Carolyn V. said...

That's awesome! Quite a dream. Especially with Zac E. hee hee.

Raquel Byrnes said...

This post had me laughing so much! It reminds me of the types of dreams I had as a kid. Totally believable and stressful with an important PURPOSE! And then I wake up and realize that hunting down the guy who invented slinkies probably won't save the president after all...0_0
Edge of Your Seat Romance