Join the Madness

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

McKay = Good For Business

I checked my keyword searches this weekend...and there was something really funny in there and I just had to share.  LOOK:

Ahem, the "funny" I referred to was McKay...but only the good kind of funny. 
In no way was that meant to be derogatory

According to the handy dandy statcounter, 85% of the searchers found me by typing in "Peter McKay".  Clearly, that means associating myself with The Master is very good for business.  

But I feel guilty, my friends.  So very guilty.


Besides entertaining me weekly for years, he has now given me another gift by increasing my viewership (albeit inadvertently) and what have I done in return?  

(cue crickets)

Exactly.  I ain't done diddly squat.



It's time to give back.  
It's time to return the favor.  
It is time to let him know how much we CARE!  

(Peter, are you out there?  Are you squirming uncomfortably in your chair?)

Here's my proposal:    

Go to his website: http://www.peter-mckay.com/  
or just click HERE.  Have a look around.  Laugh.  Then leave a comment.

Tell him I said hi.  
Tell him I'm thankful for his unwitting assistance in boosting my numbers.  
Tell him I said he rocks.  
Tell him whatever.  Just work me in there somehow...

I think comments are moderated, so if he lets them go through, I'll send one of his books to one lucky commenter.  Really, it's the least I can do.

Go forth, my friends and spread the bloggy love.


*******************
Craig Niedermaier, if you're out there -- I'd REALLY love it if you left Peter a message.  He seems to think you might be a figment of my imagination!

16 comments:

SAMUEL PARK said...

Very cool, very fun post! I never would've thought of writing about that, and yet it's such a great idea. I'll have to learn more about this Mr. Peter McKay who's been so good to your traffic.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

McKay's so helpful with your numbers, isn't he? If he only knew...

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! whats key word searches and how did you check them? for sure im gonna go at mr peters place and tell him you sent me to say a big hi. ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

Clarissa Draper said...

That's so cool. I've actually never heard of either men before your post so I think you've helped them out as well.
CD

TerryLynnJohnson said...

I've never heard of him, so now Peter McKay will have to thank you for bringing him traffic.

Julie Dao said...

That is hilarious! You know what, though? People have found my blog by searching for "J.K. Rowling writing tips" because of a post I did a while back on one of her interviews. I'm flattered that my favorite author is helping me get a little traffic :)

Dawn said...

Nice! I'll go leave a comment for Mr. McKay...and maybe steal your tactic ;-)

Raquel Byrnes said...

You know, I hadn't heard of him before and now I need to find out...so no more crickets. You sent someone his way. =)
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Talli Roland said...

I'm with Clarissa - I've never heard of either, so you're doing them a favour! :)

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I'm off to learn who Peter McKay is, and I'll definitely pimp your name while I'm there! Hope you're having a great week. Happy New Year!

Meghan Schuessler said...

I have to agree with the commenters who'd never heard of Peter McKay before you mentioned him! I think HE should write a blog post on how YOU have gotten him some blog traffic as well! ;-)

Mary Vaughn said...

You have no shame, Woman! I will drop your name gently while I visit his site.

N. R. Williams said...

Very funny Vicki: When one of the search engines notify me of similar searches they include...wait for it. Fantasy Football! LOL

Do you think any of those manly men read fantasy novels?
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Saumya said...

I agree with Meghan's comment!! This man should be writing about how you've told all of us about him ;)

Love this post!

❥ ќʀɨsтɨиɑ said...

Hello! I was here, asking for friendship. ;) Would you like to follow each others blogs? Advance Happy New Year. :D

Olivia J. Herrell said...

Awesome! I clicked over and read Peter's latest column. Loved it and let him know, about you, too.

Happy New Year, that rebel, Olivia