Join the Madness

Friday, November 19, 2010

Taking optimism too far

I'm an eternal optimist, always looking for that silver lining in every cloud.  While this DOES tend to irritate some people, it's never been a problem, really.  Part of my charm (flutters eyelashes coyly)

I think I may be taking it too far this time, though.

As you know, the Creeping Crud has been working its way through my house this week.  Hubs and Daughterling #1 were taken down last night.  And despite obsessive compulsive handwashing on my part, I'm dismayed to report the last few minutes, my own stomach has started making strange noises and being ever-so-slightly not right.  I can't say it hurts, or that I feel at all under the weather.  But something is clearly amiss.  I fear The Creeping Crud has me in it's grasp...I'm just hoping to make it through the next 3 hours before it achieves system dominance.

Like my son, making it home before succumbing is ample reason to be grateful. 

I'm taking this one step further, though. 

I actually had the following thought:

Well, if I'm gonna get sick, at least I'll have a fresh perspective to use for my WIP.    

A story about a Porcelain God, has got to have a fair amount of hurling, dontcha think?  Like I said, I think I may have crossed the line this time.  hahaha.  

Oh, and my son actually cried this morning because he missed eating the chicken patty at school yesterday.  I tried really hard not to laugh.  Poor thing.
Lining up posts for the next couple days, just in case....


8 comments:

KarenG said...

Hope you don't get the flu, but it's not looking good. May you all be free of it by Thanksgiving so you can enjoy the festivities, and so your little boy can have all the chicken patties he wants.

Ann Best said...

Oh, how awful for all of you! Hope you'll all be well for Thanksgiving!!

I once followed you but the link no longer works because a glitch in Blogger forced me to do a new blog, almost the same title, but I lost all followers. I've gotten back most of the ones that were "active." Now I'm here and you'll see my face again. Glad to see yours, and hope you'll come over, when you're well (!) and re-follow me!!!
Ann

Ann Best said...

Well, I "see" your face behind your hands! (lol)

aspiring_x said...

lol! that is charming! :)
and hooboy is that research not fun!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hope all is well again in your home and you didn't fall prey to the dreaded whatever!

Nicole Zoltack said...

I hope you don't get sick! There's nothing worse than not feeling well. :(

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! yikes that creeping crud sure sounds awful. mostly when someone gets it at the same house it gets passed around. ugh! if you gotta get it i hope its not gonna last to long or get you down to much.
...hugs from lenny

Little Ms J said...

Chicken patty? Those two words together made me cruddy! Hope you all feel better soon!