Join the Madness

Thursday, November 25, 2010

One of a Thousand Thankful Posts

Thanksgiving is special to me.  Yeah, I get time off work and get to hang with family and eat way more yummilicious food than I should...but that's not what leaps to mind each year at this time.  Nope.  I think about my husband.  (I'll pause while y'all get your awwwwwwwwwwws out of the way)

I met him just before Thanksgiving, you see.  He asked me out the day before and we went on our first date the day after.  

This year marks 19 years since that first Thanksgiving.  

We were engaged before the next one and married by the third.  Pregnant w/our oldest at the 4th and new parents at the fifth. 

So this time of year is special.  I have tons of other blessings to be thankful for, but to keep this short and sweet, 
I'm going to refer you to an oldie but a goodie:


One of these days I'll do a follow up:  The First Date

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

12 comments:

Saumya said...

Awwwww that is so cute!!! I love that Thanksgiving is special to you for so many reasons!

The Golden Eagle said...

That's a wonderful story. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Mason Canyon said...

Great story. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

That is such a fun story (illustrated or not). Wishing you another happy Thanksgiving!

notesfromnadir said...

Happy 19th Anniversary! It's always good to read about people who manage to stay together. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

N. R. Williams said...

Nice. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Jolene Perry said...

That is pretty awesome. Congrats.

Stephen Tremp said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Have a safe holiday weekend.

Angela Ackerman said...

Aw, I love all the memories Thanksgiving invokes. Congrats on the 19 years!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

SAMUEL PARK said...

Very nice that Thanksgiving has such great connotations, and historic significance in your own family. Touchingly told--a great story. Hope Thanksgiving remains special for you for many years to come.

LTM said...

Awwww!!! See, you thought I got it all out, but that was too sweet. :o) It's cool to have a holiday w/a special meaning. Mine's... mid January. Nope. Not a whole lot going on then~ :D <3

Wendy Ramer said...

I remember that post from September :-) Hope your Turkey Day was yummilicious (I had to copy your spelling on that one).