Join the Madness

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Jet Dream

That title is literal, by the way.  It's not a sassy play on words meant to lure you in.  Not feeling particularly imaginative this evening, but I need a post for the morning, so I thought I'd share a collection of dreams, but this one seems to be long enough to suffice by itself, so I'm gonna run with it.

The other night, I dreamt about two little boys.  One was in a wheel chair and the other was a computer freak enthusiast. They were the best of friends, and did everything together.  Both were very bright, but social outcasts.  Both were underweight/scrawny one because he couldn't exercise his legs the other because he spent too much timeon the computer. They were about 10-11 years old.

Wheelchair boy had a special seat made behind his chair  (back to back) for his friend so they could go everywhere together. In the dream, I knew one of them was supposed to fly somewhere and they were bummed at the idea of being separated. 

I don't know if the little boy made his flight, but I remember the sound of the plane taking off and thinking it was louder than usual.  I remember smelling jet fuel and saying I had never smelled it before during a take off.

I looked out the window of my apartment building and saw how low the plane was and I worried it would land on the building and we'd all be crushed.  I remember seeing the jet trailing smoke, how it turned black and twisted and turned in on itself. I saw power lines caught up in the smoke, ripped out of the ground, and knew the plane was going to go down.  It passed out of my field of vision, but I stood by the window, waiting for impact.

And then I woke up.  I watched the news that morning to see if there had been any plane crashes.  I can still smell the jet fuel, and see the billowing black smoke.  That was the morning the Qantas plane had to make an emergency landing in Indonesia after an explosion took out one of its engines.  Though, nothing I read resembled my dream, so it was just a coincidence.  

I did dream about five tornadoes coming at me (I was living in Vegas, they don't get tornadoes), only to wake up the next morning to discover a rash of five tornadoes had wreaked havoc in Florida overnight.

(insert twilight zone theme song)

What would you do if your dreams started coming true?


4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd feel a bit unnerved!
And we prefer the title 'computer geek.'

Carolyn V. said...

That is scary. I have weird dreams like that too. If they all came true, I'd have an immaculate house, but monkeys climbing on all the cupboards. =)

LTM said...

wow. Freaky. You know what's weird? I had this dream that I was down in Fairhope (town south of us) and I looked up into the sky and planes and planes and planes were all flying up from the Gulf and dropping bombs. I wigged, ran 12 miles north to find my children, etc. Woke up shaking...

That was the same night they uncovered all those bombs in London that were supposedly headed our way. NO JOKE. !!! I think we're psychic sisters. ;p

KarenG said...

I love dreams. I had such an interesting one last night. Strange, I'm still trying to make sense of it.