Join the Madness

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mock Me Monday - Flag Football

Welcome Blog Joggers!  Come on in, poke around a bit, and make yourself comfortable.  

When you're ready to move on, your next hostess is Deborah McCarragher at God Mission PossibleDeborah is the author of Mission Possible and is giving away a gift card which will certainly come in handy with Christmas approaching. Stop by and introduce yourself. 

If you run into a broken link, you can find the list of all blog jog participants HERE.

And, finally, to enter my mysterious Blog Jog Giveaway, go HERE


*******************************************************

Not sure what made me remember this, but out of the blue there it was...and so I'm going to share with you.

From an adult/parental perspective, a lot of these things smack of bullying behavior.  It was absolutely NOT like that at all. At the time, I thought it was hysterical.

T. was a terrible flirt...or a very good one, depending on your perspective.  I always knew this about him, and so 99% of the time, I didn't really think about anything he said or did.

But every once in awhile his natural charm would wear down my defenses and I'd start to think MAYBE just MAYBE there was something else there.  Of course, the minute you start to give credence to The Player, he changes the rules.  Frustrating, but true.

So T was an on again - off again crush.  Mostly off, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to a weakness where he was concerned.

T was the life of any party.  Never knew what he'd say or do.  Often, I was the recipient of his antics.  Like the time he threw me into the swimming pool, fully clothed.  (I didn't make the connection until afterwards, but I was wearing all-white).

Then there was the time we were on the bus going home and he stole my shoes (I don't know how he did it either), tied the strings together and dangled them out the bus window.  We laughed and laughed.  As we approached the bus stop, I demanded my shoes back and he reluctantly agreed...but he didn't bother to hold onto the strings when he opened the window, so they fell into the middle of the street! (yes, I made him run into the intersection to retrieve them once the bus stopped).

And then, there was the football game.

A bunch of us were hanging out at the football field after school.  The guys wanted to play football, but the girls would only agree if it was flag football.  The guys agreed, but we didn't have anything to use for flags.

I can't say I was upset about this hitch.  I'm not very athletic, and now I didn't have to make up an excuse not to play.
But T. had other ideas.

You see, I had a pair of jeans on that were ripped at the knee.  Before I knew what was happening, he ripped my pant leg off.  Then, because he was a gentleman and didn't want me walking home looking goofy, he ripped the other pant leg off too.

Voila!  Instant flags for flag football.

I don't believe I ever told my mom the real story behind my instant shorts.  Parents don't like to hear about boys ripping clothes off their darling daughters.




6 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

Haha! No, parents probably wouldn't want to hear about a boy ripping their daughter's pants off. Very resourceful though!

LTM said...

Is that T for Mr. Trouble... :D No, he sounds like a hoot--if destructive to your clothing~ :o)

(what's all this jogging anyway?)

Shannon Whitney Messenger said...

LOL. Wow he sounds like he was an...interesting friend. Probably would make a great character in a book someday. Thanks for sharing!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

LOL What a great story. And, erm, yes one I probably wouldn't have shared with my mom. :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

ooh, that boy totally had a crush on you! lol. I had a friend like that who used to bug me. One day he went to far (unzipped my hooded terrycloth t shirt Freshman year. I had only a bra underneath! But honest to god I think the kid was more shocked than I was.) He got a slap in the face. We stayed friends. But only after I paid a senior to dump him in a garbage can.

Shannon said...

Every time I think I've heard the best of your stories, you throw another one out there.Too funny!