Join the Madness

Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Kinda a Funny Story

If you've been with me for any length of time, you've heard me refer to myself as a musical ignoramus.  No, I'm not being too harsh.  It's a fair assessment, if anything I could be a little tougher on myself.

So a few years back (2008 I believe), my daughter was watching American Idol Gives Back. I was in the dining room, but I could tell singer was YUMMILICIOUS. The song sounded vaguely familiar.  I happened to be sitting at the computer, so when they named the singer, I Googled him double quick.  First, I was just drooling over his pics.  Then I discovered he was in a BAND, so I Googled them.

I looked them up on You Tube and listened to the songs they had released to date (quite a few, as it turned out).  And that's when I discovered, I loved every song they had released -- I just had never bothered to find out who the artist behind all these songs was.

And why am I bringing all this up? Because my wonderful, devoted husband has bought me tickets to go see this band and I've been listening to their latest album (just released) and it's love all over again.

Lemme show you a picture of Hot Stuff who started this journey...see if you can guess the band:





Okay, okay, I KNOW he's way too young for me but it's not like I actually expect to ride off into the sunset with him anyway.  And if he looked completely awkward and creepy, I'd still love the music...

So if you haven't guessed, and let's face it, you probably all HAVE guessed because you are all way more clued in than I am...the Mystery Man is Adam Levine from Maroon 5 and they are playing in Chicago on December 3rd and hubbers bought tickets this past weekend.  I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited.

So, now you tell me....what was the last concert you saw and what is the one concert you'd LOVE to see?  (It's okay if you have to bring musicians back from the dead)


(My last concert was ColdPlay. I only knew one song, but they put on a fantastic show)

16 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

LOVE Maroon 5.
Just last month I flew to Oregon, and them drove six hours to see the (also yummilicious) Jack Johnson play at the gorge. I'm DYING to see John Mayer live.
I also wish I could have been at Mtv's Nirvana Unplugged. I think it's my favorite album EVER.

Candyland said...

Oh that sounds like fun! But of course, I saw New Meds and will see them again Dec 10th :)

Bish Denham said...

Oh gosh several years ago we saw Robert Earl Kean and Jerry Jeff Walker, a free concert in the park, right here in our little home town. I think the last concert we bought tickets for was to see Bob Dylan in San Antonio, and that was at least 15/20 years ago. If I had the money and the opportunity I'd go see Sting.

Clarissa Draper said...

I would love to see both those bands. I haven't been to a concert in ages. I don't like crowds and so you really have to force me if you want me to go. But, I hope you have a wonderful time.
CD

aspiring_x said...

i can't remember the last concert i saw... it's been years... maybe the supertones? i can remember the first one was in jr. high. i got to see coolio back when gansta's paradise was a new song. i remember going through the metal detectors and getting pat down... yeah. i thought i was so hardcore. would most like to see not without grace, but i'd be totally stoked to see breaking benjamin... ooh! aerosmith! ooh!ooh! the beatles reunion!!! ooh! too many! :)

Stephen Tremp said...

We saw Niel Diamond in San Diego a couple years ago. Great show. One of the best and I've seen a lot of concerts.

Carolyn V. said...

I haven't been to a concert in years, but I'd love to see Muse. I love them. Maroon 5 is good pick too! You'll have to tell me how it goes. =D

Ann said...

My last concert was Bruce Springsteen. There are so many artists I would love to see...can't just pick one. Enjoy the concert!!!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! i didnt ever go to a concert in my whole life. but i got lots of time to do go to one. im just soooo happy that youre gonna go see that band and that guy you love so much. it was really a special thing that your husband got those tickets for you. i hope you have a really fun time when you go.
...hugs from lenny

Talli Roland said...

Maroon Five! Oh, I LOVE them! What a fabulous hubby you have!

Hm, I tend to see quite a few classical music concerts. The last rock concert I saw was Muse, ages ago!

Ed Pilolla said...

maroon five, yes. i don't generally like outdoor concerts. i'm not sure why, just don't. i saw the samples (colorado band) at the house of blues in chicago several years ago and it was great to hear them in person. i do like to hear local bands at local places, but not loud enough that i can't carry on a conversation at the same time:)

LTM said...

*snort* you're like me w/names. You know I used the wrong name in current MS for one of the male protags? seriously. It's like a sickness.

Last concert = Bon Jovi (remember?)
Want to see? Hmm... I'm honestly not much of a concert person. I blame college boyfriend being in a band. I did see Prince in Indy. He put on a great show. Have fun at Maroon 5. He doesn't look as much like R. Halpert (L O S T) as he used to. ;o) <3

Little Ms J said...

Hard one. I love music, but there isn't really a band I've drooled over since The Cure. I knew every song, every lyric, every high pitched whine. There isn't an artist alive now that has moved me in the way The Cure did. I'd love to see them, but if they never play another show.... I have no idea who I'd pick.

DL Hammons said...

The last concert I saw was TSO two years ago (I'm going again this year!), and the one I'm always up for is Springsteen!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Aww, what a sweet hubby. :) When I turned 40 my husband surprised me with tickets to Keith Urban and a few weeks later Trace Atkins and a few weeks later Toby Keith...I was in country heaven, but recently I've returned to my rock roots...LOL

Meghan Schuessler said...

He's yummy!!!! :)

The last concert I saw was Fleetwood Mac a couple years ago & it was awesome. I'd love to see a Dixie Chicks concert, but I'm not even sure if they're still together!