Join the Madness

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Jog Day

Welcome Blog Joggers!  Come on in, poke around a bit, and make yourself comfortable.  

When you're ready to move on, your next hostess is Deborah McCarragher at God Mission PossibleDeborah is the author of Mission Possible and is giving away a gift card which will certainly come in handy with Christmas approaching. Stop by and introduce yourself. 

If you run into a broken link, you can find the list of all blog jog participants HERE.


*******************************************************

I decided we'd play a game today.  Here's what you need to know.  I'm going to relate three 'memories', but only one is real.  Vote for A, B, or C in the comments and be sure to include either your email address or a link to your blog.  If you're right, you'll be eligible for the drawing for my Grand Prize which might be cash, might be books, or might be something edible and delicious.  Ready?

(A)  I dated a guy once that worked as a taxi driver.  One night near the end of his shift, someone stole his little zippered pouch of cash.  After he got off work he came over and picked me up and we drove by the Prime Suspect's house.  I should mention that the whole reason he suspected these particular individuals was because of their race, which I found so distasteful, we broke up soon after. NOT a supporter of racial profiling!  Anyway, while I waited in the car not having a CLUE what he was planning on doing, he snuck around the car and stole their garbage can!  He stuck it in the trunk of his car (sideways)  and drove to a remote location to sift through it to see if the pouch was in there. It wasn't.

This was also the guy who used to wash his shoes every day with Comet and an old toothbrush.  I suppose I should be glad it was an OLD toothbrush, huh?

(B)  We have an open-door policy around our house.  It's nothing we sat down to talk about, it just sort of evolved that way.  We don't always leave the door open, but it's never locked and so when one of the kids just has to wash his hands or get a pony tail thingy, they do.  

One day, I was alone at work.  The boss had gone out of town for some conference, and wasn't supposed to be back until the next day.  I was getting ready to go home.  I had forwarded the phones, shut down the computer, and gathered my stuff.  I decided to make a quick pit stop, so I dashed into the bathroom, and neglected to shut the door.  (You probably see where I'm going with this). 

The ONE time I don't shut the bathroom door just had to coincide with the ONE time the boss came back to the office unexpectedly.  Apparently he was on his way home, driving right by the office and heard nature's call himself.  I thought I would die of embarrassment...

I ALWAYS shut the door now.  No exceptions.



(C)  Ordinarily speaking, I'm very respectful of other people's privacy...mostly because I am very protective of my own.  I know, as much as I gush the embarrassing details of my life around here, you'd never suspect it.  Anyhow, back when I was 15 or so, I was babysitting for a family. They always paid really well, so I loved it when they called.  They had two kids, a girl about 8 and a boy who was 11 or 12...almost too old for a sitter.  

Anyway, one night the older boy was stalling.  He didn't want to go to bed and so he was making up some lame excuse about needing a stuffed animal or something before bed.  His sister was already conked out.  He said his mom had taken it away for a week because he'd talked back but she was supposed to have given it back that night and she'd forgotten.  He said he knew where it was, but he couldn't reach it. 

I hesitated because I didn't want to give him something he wasn't supposed to have.  I gave in, though, figuring I'd just sneak it away from him once he was asleep and put it back before the parents got home. He directed me to his parent's walk in closet saying it was on the top shelf.  I made him keep watch at the door, I was that uncomfortable digging around in their room. 

I didn't find his stuffed animal, though. I found a stash of polaroids of his parents in ummmm, very compromising positions.  I shoved them back where I found them and high-tailed it out of the room.  I was so embarrassed, I never sat for them again.  

I'm ashamed to say it took me 20 + years to wonder if their son set me up.  I thought it was kinda weird, the fuss he was making over a stuffed animal.


SO....which is the real deal?  A  B  or C?  Guess below! 


Next up: God Mission Possible. Good luck winning the gift certificate!

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great blog. As for the Q's I'd have to say C. Although they are all possible. LOL

BookNoise @ gmail.com

Yvonne Perry said...

B is most probable, but C is the most entertaining! Thanks for participating in Blog Jog Day. I love the way you drew in your readers. I skipped to the next link on those that were bored and just did status quo on this tour. There are so many, I had to keep moving, but your blog post got me so I stayed a while. I figure if your blog posts are this good, your blog is worth following!

Yvonne Perry said...

Uh, oh. I tried to follow your blog, but Google told me the URL was too long. I tried twice. What's up with that?

Dawn said...

Well shoot, even following your blog for as long as I have, I'm having a hard time deciphering fact from fiction. Great storytelling! I'm going with B....because that would SO be something I would do.

robynl said...

I will go for B. You describe each situation as being real so real hard to choose.,

yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

Joylene Butler said...

C is the funniest, so it gets my vote. A is scary. What a creep. And B is too real. LOL

Hope I win.

http://cluculzwriter.blogspot.com

Sharkbytes said...

OK... I vote for C- but they all seem pretty plausible.
Here for Blog Jog. What fun!
http://myqualityday.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Mathis said...

i'm guessing b
meandi09@yahoo.com

Vanessa Morgan said...

Here for the blog jog :)

Tanja said...

C. That story sounds embarrassingly familiar. Don't ask.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I think A because it seems so far out.
myfunnydadharry at sbcglobal dot net

Linda Henderson said...

I'm going to say it was B because it sounds like something I would do.

I follow on GFC.

seriousreader at live dot com

Cinette said...

I'll say B, because that sounds like something I would do.

Shannon said...

I'm guessing B because I think I know you pretty well. :p

BK said...

I'm going with C lol. Happy Blog Jog Day.

BK

bkwalkerbooks at comcast dot net

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss vicki! wow all those choices are fun to read. i been a big follower of you for a long time and love reading all those neat stories about you. so for me im gonna say its B for sure. :)
...hugs from lenny