Join the Madness

Friday, November 12, 2010

Absolute Rambles & Randomness

Going to treat you to random ideas today...not feeling all that focused today, so you just get snippets.  They're easier to read anyhow.

The other day I had what I think is a brilliant idea, but it's probably not marketable.  I think it'd be fun to tell the same story as a Middle Grade and adult novel?  Say there's a mother and her daughter in the story, you tell the MG story from the daughter's perspective and the adult from Mom's.  I would sell them together - a book for mom and a book for junior. How fantabulous would that be?  

I went to Subway for lunch yesterday.  Actually I went to the Post Office to mail off the Brains prize package and got THIS close to the building before I realized they were closed for Veteran's Day. (DOY)  I figured as long as I was out, I might as well get Subway.  Anyhow...I was just wondering if anyone else thought the Subway bag looked like those plastic wrappers they put your newspaper on days they're expecting rain???

While I'm typing this, I'm having the nicest little chat on Facebook with another Vicki Rocho.  How cool is that?  Now I have to behave so my online reputation doesn't tarnish hers.... hahaha.

It was super windy the other day.  Garbage cans were rolling all over the place. And I wondered why they don't make weighted bases that attached to the can so after they're emptied, they don't blow all over the neighborhood?  I picture a release lever of some sort like those garbage cans where the foot pedal lifts the lid?  I don't want our sanitation engineers popping their spleens from lifting the extra poundage all day.
Is that enough randomness for one day?  Want to ramble back at me?  Tell me your plans for the weekend....


9 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

I plan to hang out and do fun stuff. Okay, that's what my daughter always has planned. To be four again!

I hope to get a nice chunk of writing done this weekend. Yay!

annaliterally said...

You want randomness? We just found out that our tenants made modifications to our house without permission, and turned the place into a turkey farm. Oh, yeah.

salarsenッ said...

You know, your first idea is a good one. I think, anyway. I've actually pondered that, too. Not sure how one would approach it and if there's marketability there.

Enjoy your weekend. Here's to randomness!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you're on to something with those wieghted garbage cans.
And pursue that book(s) idea - sounds interesting!

Bish Denham said...

We've hoping for rain here. And I'll be revising my novel, so I think it will be a cozy time at home.

The Golden Eagle said...

That's an great book idea!

Weighted garbage cans--that's definitely something people need!

Angela Felsted said...

So does the other Vicki Rocho worry about ruining your reputation?

We're scouting for food this weekend.

Carolyn Abiad said...

Another Vicki Rocho? That's pretty amazing!

Susan Fields said...

Great idea with the garbage cans! You should try to market that. About all I have planned for the weekend is soccer (and hopefully catching up on sleep!)