Join the Madness

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Schedule Change

I was supposed to post the Worst Day Ever entries today but I scheduled that before I knew what life was going to hand me.  That happens a lot in the blogosphere, as you are well aware.  So, I'll work on getting that up by this weekend so you'll have a couple days to put your vote in.

Meanwhile, if you haven't got an entry in, please shoot me an email!  MissVSpeaks(at)gmail(dot)com.  

I'm still limping along with my internet connection, you see.  I have access, but my laptop must be plugged in physically to the modem.  The problem is I had to use the LONG cord for the kids' computer which left the short one for me.  See?



As you can see, I can't really sit comfortably hunched over on the floor.  I can manage reading easier than typing which would explain my silence in cyberspace lately.  That, and I'm ridiculously busy.

I took my daughter to the library tonight.  I wasn't going to look for books, I'm in the middle of one and I really don't have time to read anything else right now, but then I saw THIS--Demon by Tosca Lee--on the new release shelf and I was hooked.  From the back:

I started to rise.  he grabbed me by the arm. His fingers bit through the sleeve of my coat, exceedingly strong, unnaturally warm.

"You will recall everything -- every word I say.  Long after you have forgotten, in fact, the way I summoned you to this table, the first prick of your mortal curiosity about me  Long after you have forgotten in fact, the most basic details of your life.  you will remember--and you will curse or bless this day."
I felt ill.  Something about the way he said mortal...In that instant, reality, strung out like an elastic band, snapped.

"Yes.  You see" He smiled.  "You know.  we can share now, between us, the secret of what I am."
The words came, unbidden to my mind: Fallen.  Dark Spirit. 

DEMON.

How freakin' awesome is that???

Anyhow...in honor of the approaching Halloween Holiday, I'm gathering up family ghost stories and will start posting them tomorrow.  I think I have enough to get us to the 31st, but we'll see.  For you disbelievers, think of it like two weeks' worth of Mock Me Mondays!

12 comments:

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

I hate it when things like that happen to mess up your schedule. Although, I'm happy I get some more time to send you my worst day ever. Things have been, well hectic. lol.

salarsenッ said...

Aw, computer issues suck. I understand that one. And a collection of scary stories on the horizon...nice.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

GRRR...technical difficulties...

Angela Felsted said...

Great book blurb. Makes me want to go out and pick it up.

aspiring_x said...

happy reading! and i hope you get all those pesky computer issues riddled out!

Clarissa Draper said...

I hate it when I have problems with my computer, it just messes with my week. Well, I hope you have a better week with reading.
CD

Lola Sharp said...

Man, writing on the floor? *hugs* My sympathies. *more hugs*

Yay for ghost stories! :)

Love,
Lola

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Get a longer cord before you hurt yourself!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Awwww, that's such a bummer, Vicki! I hope it's all back to normal for you soon. :-)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Ouch, your set up would be uncomfortable for typing. Hope you get a more comfortable solution soon. :D

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

You poor thing having to hunch over on the floor to work! Ahhh! I would go mad! That book looks like a great read though. Given your circumstances, I think we'll understand if you choose to read on the couch instead of read blogs on the floor!

Shannon said...

Sorry your schedule got out of whack. Or did it? Maybe you're just tempting us....

Speaking of tempting - that cover is yummy!